Monday, 27 May 2013

TRR#54 - Flower Cart

Hello and welcome to a whole new fun challenge from The Ribbon Reel. It's a beautiful Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK. Happy Memorial Day to all those of you in the USA too!



Jeanne has chosen the most beautiful photo inspiration for us to play with over the next two weeks and asks that we be inspired by the colours of the photo, use VIOLETS and GREEN and add RIBBON and a FLOWER.

I had a special 40th Birthday card to make for my lovely friend who will be turning 40 on Tuesday.  I used some Bridal White Satin Ribbon to make a wide ruffled piece and then added some Purple Saddle Stitch Grosgrain along the bottom edge. I added some beautiful two-tone dark lilac Cherry Blossom flowers and a sweet white Gardenia flower. The green olive faux silk ribbon gives the impression of leaves and I couldn't resist some loopy purple button twine and beautiful white leaf stick pins.


The gorgeous 'My Heart' stamp set is one of my favourites and is by Waltzingmouse and is stamped in shades of violet and green and I added some sweet lilac gems which I had shaped into the number 40.




You can find full details of the challenge over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog as well as links to all the beautiful creations from the rest of the Ribbon Reel Design Team -  well worth a look!!

Hugs 

Helen xxx



6 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen, I love that ruffled ribbon, and the little nosegay of flowers and ribbon! What a beautiful card for your friend!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the 40 and your Gorgeous flowers and FAB design. Such a Pretty card, Helen!

~Tammy~ said...

Such a beauty Helen! The ruffled ribbon under the purple stitched is gorgeous! Love the beautiful bloom too!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! Love the beautiful blossoms and fancy trimming!

Maria said...

Ohhhh...so very lovely! Beautiful heart with number and gorgeous ribbon and flowers!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh this is beautiful Helen!!