Monday, 29 April 2013

TRR#52 - Love Letters

We have a fresh challenge over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog and the lovely 'Keilly' has chosen this beautiful inspiration board photo for you to work with this time.


Here is my take. A sweet rustic little birthday card. I used some pretty papers and stitched along the edge using my trusty sewing machine. I added some 'May Arts Faux Canvas Ribbon' and zig zag stitched along the middle. 


I then used Serendipitys Heart Die to cut some white felt and then added a selection of gorgeous Ribbon Reel Ribbons (the beautiful May Arts 16mm 'faux canvas' Ribbon in champagne, 4mm diagonal stripe ribbon, 16mm Two Tone Aqua Blue Mesh Ribbon23mm Red Polka Dot Button and aqua blue leaf pin

The button has a small flower shape just behind it, cut using a Spellbinders Floral Die. The gorgeous sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps 'Compact Sentiments' set and stamped in PTI's Hawaiian Shores Ink. 


I added a cute 15mm red heart button and bluebell/white gingham button also from
  The Ribbon Reel shop to finish :)


I'm also playing along with the current sketch over at the Freshly Made Sketches Blog - FMS#83


You can find all the details of The Ribbon Reel Challenge #52 here along with some truly stunning samples from my teamies :- 


Have a wonderful creative week everyone!

Hugs,
Helen
xxx




7 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is gorgeous and you captured the inspiration photo beautifully!

Linda Callahan said...

Fresh and clean and springy! Love the stitching - you combined both challenges perfectly! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous helen, those papers are so pretty, and I love the cute WMS sentiment!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a perfectly sweet take on this gorgeous challenge! LOVE what you've done with those yummy ribbons!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card! I love all of that stitching and those buttons and ribbon! Such a great mix of papers and colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful, and I've only got the MA ribbon in a few colors and I keep thinking I need it all!!!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Helen! I LOVE this card! Your papers and details are Stunning and your stitching just adds so much! Super PRETTY card!