Monday, 15 April 2013

TRR#51 - Feeling Blue

Hello and welcome to my blog!

I'm back with another fun challenge from The Ribbon Reel.  It's Sarah's turn to set the challenge this time and she has chosen THE most BEAUTIFUL photo for us all and asks us to use Shades of Blue with a hint of green and to include ribbon and flowers.



I used my much beloved Waltzingmouse 'Teeny Trees' stamp set to create a 'New Home' Card. We are unfortunately losing one of my eldest son's best friends to the United States this year as they are moving back to their family, making a new start in Boston where all their family are living. 


I used some beautiful 'sky blue satin ribbon', a 'resin dahlia flower', some 'cream floral cotton lace trim' and some 'May Arts Pale Green velvet ric rac'. I stamped the little tree trunk and branches and then used two tones on the leaves -  a pale sky blue with a celery green on the inside.  I thought those sweet birdies looked as though they could do with a little birdhouse, so I stamped them a new home using the birdhouse image from the "A Good Egg" set by Waltzingmouse in 'faded jeans' distress ink (stamped off, then stamped again).  The scene is all framed by a lacey circle from 'Vintage Circles Small' by Waltzingmouse.


If you get the chance, we would love to see what you come up with for this challenge. You can find all the details here on the Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog as well as some AMAZING cards from the rest of the Ribbon Reel Design Team :)

Have a wonderfully creative week!

Hugs,

Helen
x x x










6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love the colours for this challenge. Your card is just so beautiful. The backing paper, the little bird house and the fab bow - just wonderful!

Jeanne J said...

Oh Helen I love the little scene you created! SO pretty and perfect for Spring! All those fancy trims don't hurt either :)

Sue Lelli said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Helen! Wish I could play! LOVE the colors and the papers and the birdhouse and ribbons!

suezie said...

Helen I simply adore your card! It's super cute!

Pauline said...

Stunning card Helen, I love the sweet little birdhouse in the beautiful circular frame, pretty lace and papers! Gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

I think this is the CUTEST new home card I have EVER seen, Helen! LOVE that stamp set and your colors and ribbon are GORGEOUS!