Monday, 18 March 2013

TRR#49 - Spring Cottage

Hello everybody,

Apologies for my absence from Blog Land -  I hope that today's creation will go some way to making up for lost time :) And what better way to start the week than with some yummy Ribbon Reel goodness!! Yes my friends, its time for another fun challenge over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog.



I do hope that you will enjoy looking at my card as much as I enjoyed making it. I am very much a country girl at heart and I love, love, love the inspiration photo Tammy chose for us to work with so much! We are asking you to create a little something inspired by the Photo using the colours PINK, YELLOW and AQUA and use RIBBON and a FLOWER! Sounds good doesn't it?



As soon as I saw those pretty dresses on the line I immediately thought of the beautiful Serendipity Stamps Three Dresses Cling Set and set to work creating my own simple scene!  I picked out lots of pretty papers from the MME 'The Sweetest Thing - Lavender' 6x6 DPs which were a perfect colour match with their pink, yellow and aqua flower prints.  I stamped the beautiful sentiment from the same Serendipity set directly onto the patterned paper using soft cocoa ink.





I fussy cut the dresses and suspended them from a yellow and white Bakers Twine Washing Line, held up by pretty pink Cherry Blossom flowers. I trimmed along the edge using some 'Organza Sheer Yellow Ribbon, Light Blue Mini Ric Rac, more lovely Divine Yellow and White Bakers Twine and some beautiful Baby Pink Seam Binding, finished with an aqua blue adhesive pearl - all available from The Ribbon Reel Store :)



I really hope you get the chance to play along - the challenge runs for a fortnight so there is plenty of time.  All the details of this challenge as well as some absolutely stunning samples can be found on "The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog"


14 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Helen, your card is gorgeous! I love those sweet paper pieced dresses! Your card couldn't be any sweeter!

Pauline said...

So pretty Helen, those dresses are a perfect take on the challenge pic! Beautiful papers, and sweet little blossoms, makes me want spring to hurry up, after all that snow yesterday!

Jeanne J said...

This is beautiful Helen - I hope you share it with Mary. I saw this and thought... why didn't I think of that? Probably because I don't have that stamp! Not that I could do this anywhere near as well as you! Fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

This card, Helen, is the Most BEAUTIFUL card you have EVER made! It is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE your interpretation of the photo with those FAB dresses and colors! WOW is all I have left to say!

Conniecrafter said...

love the pattern paper for the dresses, very sweet card!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card...

Joyce said...

Mary lead me to your card today, since I am getting that darling stamp set from her. I love how you paper pieced those dresses.

Jenny Gropp said...

Every detail is perfect on this great card!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card Helen! love the paper pieced dresses and the wonderful sentiment!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love those sweet little dresses with mixed patterns! And, what a precious sentiment...so sweet!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! I love the sweet little dresses hanging on the line! Reminds of a fresh Spring day!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, I just adore those sweet paper pieced dresses, Helen!

MichelleZ said...

I adore this card! Absolutely darling!

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty and definitely springy and fresh!! 8-) Love the Wonderful soft patterned papers you chose too! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Easter Wishes!

Shannon