Monday, 4 March 2013

TRR#48 - You Mean Everything

IMG_0219
Hello friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend :) I had a fun filled weekend - time with the family, bit of crafty time too!

It's time for another Ribbon Reel Challenge and I chose the following photo for you to work with over the next two weeks.  I would love to see what you create with this - all you need to do is be inspired by the COLOURS in the photo and use FLOWERS and RIBBON. Most of all - have FUN!


and here's my take...

IMG_0215

I used a sweet birdcage chipboard piece by Tando Creative painted with cream acrylic paint as the centrepiece on this card, trimming with a beautiful off white tea rose and some white cherry blossom flowers, white daisy lace and Purple Plum Bakers twine from The Ribbon Reel store. I took my cue from my photo and added a few little aqua blue and kraft butterflies onto the cage. The cute blue dotty paper is by MME and is from The Sweetest Thing Lavender paper pad which Keilly also stocks in The Ribbon Reel store :)
I stamped the 'you mean Everything to me' sentiment from Waltzingmouse's Roses in Bloom stamp set directly onto the pretty Glitz design patterned paper.  
IMG_0218
I used some Lavender seam binding and some Lilac centre stitch grosgrain to trim along the bottom of the card. I also added a little banner at the top right hand corner using some Champagne Twill Stripe Ribbon - all available in the Ribbon Reel store.

IMG_0216
If you would like to know more about this challenge and see what the other members of the DT created, then  you can find all the details by visiting The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog :)

I'm also linking up to Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #75 with the following sketch (hope you don't mind ladies, I turned it on it's side :)



Have a great week everyone!

Helen x

8 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

Your card is incredibly beautiful, Helen. I love all the intricacies, the details and the color choices. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful! So many beautiful details. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Helen, fantastic layering, and a great design, stunning! Beautiful pic for this week too!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the popped birdcage and the tiny butterflies and the ribbon and flowers! This card is so Feminine and FABULOUS, Helen!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, lovely embellishing of the cage!

Jeanne J said...

Stunning as always Helen! The stamping on the pattern paper is a standout and I love the pretty embellishments as well as your perfect stitching - a work of art!

Maria said...

Lovely!!!

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! Just GOR-JUSS Helen!! Love your Sweet Birdcage and all the Lovely flowers!! Just so Soft and Dreamy! Super take on the sketch too! Love this Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon