Wednesday, 6 February 2013

SSBC#5 - A Scor-Pal Easter Project

IMG_0141
Hi, I hope that you are all having a great week so far?  Flu has hit the Berry household and we've all been quite poorly. It took double the time to create my project today as I don't have a lot of spare energy as I still seem to be fighting the virus but am slowly getting back to full speed again.



So, onto todays project and I want to welcome you to another wonderful Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge...

The Serendipity Stamps DT has been challenged us to create a pretty project for Easter using some of the amazing projects available here from the Scor-Pal website. **although our projects have an Easter theme, your entries do not have to be - but please remember to use a Serendipity stamp, die or free digi download somewhere on your creation**

IMG_0144
I used the 'Candy Bar Card tutorial' to create a card containing a bar of Swiss Chocolate.  I used the gorgeous bunny from Serendipity Stamps Easter Greetings Cling Set to decorate the front.

IMG_0140
I stamped the cute bunny using Memento ink and then added Spring Colours using my copics.  I stamped the sentiment using Celery green ink and then went back in and stamped again in chocolate brown ink to give a shadowy effect.  The pretty aqua gingham ribbon is from my stash and I added some white mini ric-rac, lilac bakers twine, dotty button and sweet easter flowers from The Ribbon Reel along the bottom as well.

IMG_0149

and here's a shot of the all important chocolate inside!

IMG_0147

I hope that you will join us for this challenge. You can find all the details HERE on the Serendipity Challenge Blog and don't forget that you can find lots more wonderful projects on the rest of the Serendipity DT blogs.

Jenny Gropp
Jeanne Jachna
Marybeth Lopez
Miriam Napier
Pauline Pollington
Anya Schrier
Cathy Weber


Scor-Pal are donating one of their boards to one lucky winner! Serendipity Stamps is offering Free Shipping on any US order of $10 or more from Feb 6th until Feb 13th!

Thanks for looking!

Helen
x x x


11 comments:

Marybeth said...

So sorry you are not feeling well Helen.
Your project is beautiful, and you did a wonderful job. I love this candy bar holder. Cathy made me one for Christmas, when we met up. Love the bunny stamp you chose too!
Feel better soon!

Miriam said...

This is adorable Helen! Love the image you used and the colors!

Kathy said...

That green is so bright and cherry...perfectly compliments your image...Hope you are feeling better soon!

Mary Ann said...

Love it,Very pretty,Love your coloring...

Cathy Weber said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Helen...this is a cute candy bar holder...love the sweet bunny stamp, the twine and the polka dot button!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the colors, Helen, and the gingham! Your flowers are so FAB, hope you feel better!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous little chocolate gift wrapper, I love that sweet bunny image and the pretty little blossoms.
Sorry to hear you have the flu, I hope you feel better soon. We had it at Xmas, and it was not funny at all! Big hugs xx

Jeanne J said...

You're a trooper Helen! I'm not feeling so good either and let me say absolutely NOTHING is getting done here! So hard to be a mom sometimes! Your candy bar card is adorable. I love all the great "Helen" details that would make this a fab gift even if it were empty!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute Helen! Love the sweet little bunny! What a great way to present some Easter treats! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pat Jandacek said...

A great candy bar holder - more secure than just a wrap-around. Sure looks like Easter to me! We appreciate your efforts for our benefit even when you're feeling lousy and hope you get well quickly!

StephInOK Bush said...

Such a lovely holder! I'm inspired to try it!