Monday, 21 January 2013

TRR#45...Burlap Love



Hello friends and welcome to The Ribbon Reel #45 - HOME SPUN!  For this week's challenge, my co-DT member Jeanne is asking us to create a card/project inspired by the photo, and ADD BURLAP and RIBBON. 



I made a sweet homespun Valentine ensemble including a mini embossed kraft gift bag and co-ordinating card.  I used lots of gorgeous Ribbon Reel goodies on my project today!



After embossing the kraft bag and kraft cardbase I die cut two brown burlap heart shapes from some 50mm wired burlap and set aside. I then used some lovely 12mm natural woven burlap to make two rose flowers - twisting and securing with hot glue as I went. I added a simple rosey adhesive pearl to the centre of each flower. After adding a flower to each heart I threaded a gorgeous Cream Pearl Decorative Stick Pin through the burlap - I love how it reminds me of cupids arrow!!



I finished with die cut doilies, some rose seam binding, brown button twine, buttons and a hand stamped label.

Here's another shot of the little chocolate filled kraft gift bag...


and the bag and card together...


You can see what the rest of The Ribbon Reel DT have made by visiting their blogs (links below) and FULL details of the 'Homespun' challenge can be found on The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog.


Other challenges for this card:
Daring Cardmakers: Embossability
613 Avenue create: Anything Goes - It is Time to Kraft
The Corrosive Challenge - Put a Pin In It
Addicted to stamps: Use material/texture


Supplies:

All ribbons and trims: The Ribbon Reel
Ink: Fresh Snow - PTI;  Brushed Corduroy: Distress Ink, Memento LadyBug Red
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Dies: Serendipity Heart Outline Die; Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs and Nestabilities Labels 4




19 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

So beautiful Helen! I love your burlap hearts!

Pauline said...

How yummy Helen, what a beautifully elegant gift set, those burlap hearts and twine flowers look amazing!

librariane said...

These are so fantastic! Lovely color and texture combinations!

Tasha Manser said...

These are gorgeous, I love the flowers. Stunning :-)
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Chana said...

Helen, thank you so much for dropping off this beauty at our house at 613 Avenue Create. I absolutely adore kraft and burlap together (I'm working on a tag using those elements) and your composition is truly gorgeous! Those red bows are to envy! Thanks for joining our challenge and we look forward to your next visit!
Hugz,
Chana

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Oh I absolutely adore those flowers! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Stella said...

This isuch a fab Valentine design and spot on the challenge!The burlap roses are soooo lovely!

NanaConnie said...

Amazing burlap heart, Helen! I adore the combination of the burlap and the stick pin. Fabulous bow.

Sue Lelli said...

Oh Helen, this is DREAMY! Especially your burlap roses! LOVE them both!

Kathi Silvia said...

Helen this is such a beautiful set! Who knew burlap could be so feminine :) I love the rose, the embossing and the gift bag. So many nice elements. Thank you for playing in our neighborhood this week at 613 Avenue Create! Hope you come play again!

Kathi
Co-Owner
613 Avenue Create
my blog:
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

Susan D said...

An absolutely beautiful set! Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful collection of projects Helen! Love how you made burlap look so amazing!

scrapclose2theheart said...

I love cards made with burlap. Yours is very classy. (You know I put classy & wondered if that was the correct word & then read everyone else saying feminine & knew that it was!) It is amazing. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs~
Patti

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a wonderful set - love the country feel - so beautiful!

julie said...

This is so cute!
Thanks for joining us a The Corrosive Challenge Blog.

Jeanne J said...

Gorgeous Helen! I love the close up so I can soak in the details - the embossing is beautiful! Love all the layers of texture and color here - that burlap rose is amazing - I can't believe you made those - absolutely stunning!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

OMG! This is beautiful. I feel a scrap-lift coming on. Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challange. Good luck and please join us again soon.

Marlies said...

Oh what a good idea! I love these gift bags, so romantic! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Jo Ann said...

These two are gorgeous...Love how you put them altogether to make perfect design. I am glad you joined the Challenge in our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com