Monday, 7 January 2013

TRR#44 - Winter Wonderland



Welcome friends to another fun fortnightly challenge!  It's Debbie's turn to host this week. 
Debbie has chosen this beautiful photo .....




and asks that you create a card / project inspired by the colours from the photo and include a SNOWMAN or SNOWFLAKE plus RIBBON/TWINE/TRIM.

I took inspiration from the gorgeous rustic cream and red colours and the cute snowflake on the snowmans hat.  


I pulled out some lovely Pink Paislee City Sidewalks paper for the wintery background. To create the centre piece I used a gorgeous vintage label stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps and die cut and embossed some kraft cardstock for the top layer.  I used some beautiful 25mm Satin Burgundy Ribbon to create a banner across the front of the card and added some lovely Natural Button Twine to accent the sentiment. The cute snowflakes are part of some White Satin Cut Out Snowflake trim which I simply cut apart to make mini embellishments.


Don't forget that the challenge runs for the next two weeks, so there is plenty of time to play and you may just win yourself some wonderful Ribbon Reel goodies!

I am also playing along with Retro Sketches #45 and I have used their layout on my card...


Have a great week!

Helen
x



6 comments:

Sara I. said...

Hi Helen! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love. Your comment really made me smile.
This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the embossed kraft panel, the papers and beautifully done snowflakes! I've become a new follower and can't wait to see what else you cook up!
Happy New Year to you, too!! xx

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Helen, I love the festive retro papers, and the beautiful layered label. Gorgeous Helen!

NanaConnie said...

What a great take on the colors in the inspiration photo, Helen! Your card is gorgeous. Fabulous paper choice. Do you know it's taken me 3 tries to leave a comment because I couldn't read that silly Word Verification thingy you have? Grrrr

Sue Lelli said...

So PRETTY, Helen! LOVE the papers, the embossing, and those CUTE snowflakes!

Jeanne J said...

Great mix of papers, and embellishments to create this masterpiece! I could stare at this one for a while and keep finding something new! Brilliant!

~Tammy~ said...

Helen, this is so pretty! I love those gorgeous papers!