Wednesday, 23 January 2013

SSBC#4 - Have a care


Hello and welcome to another fun challenge from the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!

Today we are challenging you to 'Have a Heart' and to Support Your Cause using some of the fabulous stamps available from the Serendipity Stamps store.
I went for a Recycling themed project and created a card using the 'Reuse it or Lose It' Bonus Stamp. I stamped most of the sentiment in green and chose to highlight the word 'lose' in ladybug red ink. I stamped the Earth seperately, coloured with copics, cut out by hand and then popped up using foam dimensional adhesive.


In true recycling style, I used some corrugated cardboard packaging to create the textured circle behind the sentiment and some string recycled from yet more packaging which I have wrapped around the centre panel.  


The papers are from Papermania's Paperstax 'Happy Days' line - I thought the tin cans were just perfect for my recycling theme. 


If you would like to see what the rest of the SSDT have created, click on their names below:

I'm also playing along with the 'Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #176' as I used this lovely layout on my card today.


8 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Oooh I love the paper with the little cans with the recycle - so smart to recycle a few items of your own - I would have thought you bought the cardboard - looks perfect! I love all the layers and the soft colors here Helen!

Marybeth said...

I love the way this turned out Helen! I cant believe you found such perfect paper for this card. Such a great card.

Sue Lelli said...

CUTE, Helen with the cans and the world and that perfect sentiment!

Cathy Weber said...

Great idea for a recycling stamp Helen...love that tin can paper, couldn't have been more perfect for this challenge. I love that you also recycled the corrugated paper and the twine.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Perfect paper for a perfect design! TFS

Pauline said...

Love thes epapers too Helen, they're so versatile. A great layered image, and I like the different inks on the sentiment, a fab card!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Cute card Helen! Love all the layers and texture!