Sunday, 13 January 2013

PDCC#164 & Moxie Fab Creative Card Challenge #18


Good Morning to you!

My eldest son will be turning 9 years old on 26th January and I really needed to start working on some invitations for his birthday celebrations.  When I saw the colours over at the Play Date Cafe this week, I knew they would be perfect.


and here is my take...



I stamped the chevron image from the "Woodgrain stamp set" by Waltzingmouse in three colours onto some textured artists canvas paper - I really like the distressed woodgrain effect over the texture of the card. I then used the "Free Spirit Boy" set to stamp a light chartreuse rectangle (it's actually the back of the bike stamp from the set, stamped on the reverse side) with the skateboarder image stamped over the top in brown.



As Creative Card Challenge#18 over at Moxie Fab World is to stamp using a homemade stamp, I used a star cookie cutter to create the star images, stamping them in Desert Sand ink.
Here's a pic of the cookie cutter placed on top of the card for you to see...




As this card has a bit of a sporty/exercise vibe going on, I'm entering it into the "Less is More #102 - One Layer Card: Sports or Exercise" as well!

That's it for now....Enjoy your Sunday :)

Hugs,

Helen
x x x



22 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant - great combination of challenges!

Kathyk said...

Fab card and some great colours

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

This is terrific Helen, superb CAS design!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"
We would be really grateful if you could remove the word verification from you blog... it makes commenting so much easier.
Thanks

Sue Lelli said...

YOU are so CLEVER, Helen! LOVE your star stamp and the woodgrain chevrons are so FAB! Cool card!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fab card!!! Love this! I am sure your son is going to be so proud of his invitations! And the cookie cutter is a wonderful idea!

Katy said...

Really cool, any skater boy would love it! Hugs, Katy xx

Pauline said...

So cool Helen, your little man will be thrilled by these fun invites!

Disp6194 said...

Love how you used the colors Helen! I'm sure your son will love this :)

Julie Steed said...

What a great boy card! Genius to use a cookie cutter too.

Not only can I borrow that idea for my own cards but I bet my preschool kids would have fun stamping with all those cookie cutters we use for playdough too. Never thought of that!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful idea Helen, with the cookie cutter! This is a great boy invite. Happy birthday to your son on the 26th that is my husbands birthday as well.....he is just a few years older. :) .

Shannon White said...

Oooh! Soo Cool Helen!! Love the Great colors and your Super Stamping too! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

bjmartin said...

Wonderful card - so clever to use the cookie cutter! I love the CAS design!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Cool design Helen. Love the cookie cutter star! Great colors.

maria f. said...

Actually came over to see the flutterbys below - but this card is so fabulous. The colors. That WMS woodgrain set is probably a must have. And a cookie cutter - ha!

Stella said...

Your skills and talents are covering a long of list of styles ( oh my is this english???) And you just added CAS to your list of skills. Love this Helen; you nailed the challenge. I hope you win; your card is gorgeous!
X

Barb King said...

Great idea to use a cookie cutter!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ooooo...I love it! The homemade stamp was brilliant. The multi-colored chevrons look fab. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Sue - said...

Fabulous card.

Lynn said...

What a great boy card! Love how it is CAS and distressed :) Thanks for playing along with as at The Play Date Cafe!

Jen said...

great card... love all the detail

Sorry late visiting this week...
Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous! I am inspired!

Cath said...

Hey Helen! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp with a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)