Sunday, 20 January 2013

CR84FN#70 Week 2


Hi there! Hope you are all having a great weekend! The weather has been VERY cold here the past week and a blanket of lovely snow.  The boys and I have been having lost of fun on the sledges! 

**CR84FN will be closing it's doors for the time being - Mona has taken the decision stop the challenges until further notice -- I have so enjoyed my time with this massively talented group of ladies and will miss these challenges, but it is with the very best intentions that that the decision was taken to call it a day. I know I will still see these ladies in Blogland and wish them all the very best in their crafty endeavours!! You guys are AMAZING and it has truly been a pleasure :)**

That said, I have one more project to share before we go which I created for week 2 of CR84FN70 using the soft, pretty colour combo shown below:

and here is my card...I used some pretty Snowflake Flourish stamps by Serendipity to create the background and the focal point in the cut out window.  I added some texture to the pretty aqua stamped panel using an embossing folder. 


I received the little stamped aqua blue die cut butterfly from Pauline last birthday and simply added a cute flower button and a pretty blue pearl gem and popped up on a little spellbinders die cut from kraft cardstock.
I added a strip of cute MME patterned paper along the edge of the card and trimmed with some lovely natural scallop cotton lace and Forsythia yellow seam binding from The Ribbon Reel.



I would be wonderful to see your creations this week if you feel inspired by the wonderful colour story above.  

Have a great week! I will be back on Monday with an all new Ribbon Reel Challenge post!

Hugs,
Helen xxx

11 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, LOVE how you stamped down the middle of your card before you embossed it! What a GREAT detail! LOVE your butterfly and the Gorgeous bow and the lace trim!

I have Enjoyed being on the
CR84FNDT with you!

Pauline said...

Beautiful butterfly creation Helen, I love the layers, stamping and embossing here, along with the pretty lace and beautiful seam binding, there's so many gorgeous details to look at!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty! Pretty! Love all the embossing! And that yellow bow is makes the card just pop!

I have enjoyed being on the CR84FN DT with you!!!

Deborah Frings said...

How gorgeous! I love the embossed panel and the pretty stamping. Fab lace and yellow bow! It's beautiful.

I've really enjoyed working with you.

Stella said...

Helen I think this is one of your best cards ever; this is a stunner! Love your take on the colors; and pinned this beauty on my inspiration board on Pinterest:)
XXX

Vickie Z said...

Love the embossed BG with those snowflakes!! The open window with flourish, butterfly, flower, and pearl are wonderful!! Loved working with you but, I'm sure I'll see you around blogland!

NanaConnie said...

So delicate and beautiful, Helen! Love how you worked with those delicate pastel colors. I just got a butterfly punch about that size and I must see if I can do something to CASE this card of yours. :-D

~Tammy~ said...

So delicate and pretty!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Thank you so much Helen for being a such a wonderful team player for the CR84FN color challenge and for all the beautiful inspiration you have provided! Your card is so pretty! Love the embossed background and sweet butterfly!

Shannon White said...

Soooo Pretty and Delicate Helen!! Love the Fab stamped and embossed BG and Darling Butterfly!! Soo Sweet and Elegant all at the same time! Love every Beautiful detail my Friend! 8-)
It's been so great getting to Design with you Lady! I'm definitely going to miss it! But I know I will be seeing you around Blogland! ;-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jeanne J said...

Drop dead gorgeous Helen! Wow the stamped embossed paper (still gotta try that here), the beautiful lace - so rich and elegant looking!