Thursday, 6 December 2012

Sweetest Christmas Wishes...

Hello sweet blog buddies!

I had a very small time in my craft room just to play, so I whipped up a card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge.  This weeks 'Mojo Starter' is a sketch by WMS Mischief Maker Iwona Palamountain.  I was so inspired by the lovely Jeanne's card and still on high from being a Top Mouse last week, I had to give it a go!! :))



I had SO MUCH fun with this sketch and kind of went with the 'flow'. Here is my effort...
WMSC#126
I began by stamping a custom background using a star image from a 'secret' set in blue and two sizes of sweeties in aqua and red to form a lovely Christmas pattern.  I used my newly received Candy Jar Christmas and Candy Jar Fillers stamp sets to create the sweetie jar full of peppermint cream candy (recipe courtesy of Mrs Claus!! LOL!). The sweetie jar label has some added stardust stickles for lots of Christmas sparkle!  
I had some of my stamped background paper left over, so I die cut a label using Spellbinders Labels 4 and then added a small red dotty border from 'Very Vintage Labels 4' and stamped one of the cute sentiment from Candy Jar Christmas stamp set in the centre.
Untitled

The embellishment at the top left I made myself by stamping two star images from 'the Secret Set' in red and then scoring, folding to create a 3D embellie :) I simply die cut a little shape from Spellbinders Persian Accents set and finished with a snow white button and aqua/peppermint bakers twine.

Untitled

I used some gorgeous sheer white ruffle edge ribbon and more aqua bakers twine from The Ribbon Reel to create a border along the bottom of the card. The red mesh behind the jar I picked up at a little outing to The Stamp Attic along with the tag die which I have embossed using Sizzix Snowflakes folder.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today and will find the time to play along with this great sketch challenge too!

I'm also entering into the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of your crafting time this week :)

Hugs,

Helen 
x x x


14 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

great colours. the red makes this card pop. Lovey layout too. Thanks for joining Top tip Tuesday. Elaine

Pauline said...

Helen this is amazing! I love this super fun card, and the fabulous retro style colours! Gorgeous! Love it!

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous, Helen! Oh my gosh I love the star you hand made so creative! Love the sugary label and your paper pieced lid. Off to get some candy now.

Jeanne J said...

Love the red and blue mix and the clever embellishments you created. You colored the candies beautifully - this is just a treat to look at!

crafty-stamper said...

Fantastic card love the die-cuts and all the details thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
carol DT x

Deborah Frings said...

What a wonderful jar! Love the aqua mints (at least that what I think they are) and the fab red star!

Vickie Z said...

Love all the candies and the snowflake you created....wonderful background and wonderful card!

brenda said...

A lovely clean crisp and elegant card Helen and I really liked your colour palette.

Thanks so much sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

B x

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh, Helen! Love how you cut out that star! Your card is just as sweet and delicious as Ms. Jeanne's in this color scheme! So fun how you have all of the candies "rolling" about in the background :) The decorated jar looks awesome on that tag!

Sasha said...

Your card is gorgeous, Helen. I love your combo of aqua and red on white...so fresh looking! Beautifully stamped, coloured and fussy cut...I love your dimensional star!

Thank you for joining in with us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge :)

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Helen! Your star is just gorgeous! Love it! Love all the fab details, too! Have a great weekend! Hugs

Jean Martin said...

Helen! I love your card! The colors are wonderful! My favorite combo for the holidays! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Renee said...

Helen it's spectacular!!
I love the colors...
and that upper star...
I die!!
The background...
the candy jar...
Helen, this is so stunningly gorgeous!!:)

Annette said...

Gorgeous card and looks really yummy.
Annette
My blog : Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Lili’s Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.
xx