Monday, 10 December 2012

Nordic Noel...TRR#43

Hello and welcome to an all new Challenge from The Ribbon Reel Blog...
Before we get started - please welcome our fantastic new Design Team members
Jeanne Jachna, Michelle Bala, Tammy Hobbs and Sarah Ingle who are sharing their AMAZING DT creations with us today!! Please stop by and leave them some love if you get the chance - just click on their names to be taken directly to their blogs :)

Onto the current challenge - I chose the following photo for your inspiration...The theme for the next two weeks is "Nordic Noel"...and we would like you to use Red, White and Kraft as the main colours and include some Buttons, Ribbon and Twine on your creations.



and here is my take...I created a card with a matching gift box...using lots of goodies available from The Ribbon Reel Shop

TRR43

I used patterned papers from Pink Paislee's City Sidewalks collection to cover the box using ModPodge, adding SU glitter to the lid. I used some red mesh trim along the centre of the box, adding a snowflake die cut from some white glittered felt, candy cane, a sweet Holly Sprig and some lovely Chamepagne White striped twill.
Untitled
The sweet little applique style Christmas stocking is from Waltzingmouse's Sewing Box Christmas and is paper pieced using more Pink Paislee Paper. I added some cute pom-pom trim at the top of the boot and tied on some little silver jingle bells

Untitled

I used some beautiful white guipure lace and some red and white stripe twill from The Ribbon Reel to cover the outside of the lid and finished the top using natural button twine and a small red and white polka dot buton.

I used lots of the same elements for the coordinating card, leaving off the candy cane due to its weight.

TRR#43 Card

Today I'm also playing along with the challenge from 'Unscripted Sketches #188' which I used for layout of my card.

You can find all the details of the Nordic Noel challenge on The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog. I would love to see you there, so come join us!!
Hugs
Helen x

11 comments:

ferrellgraph-x said...

Your box and card are absolutely gorgeous!!!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous gift set Helen! I love the festive colours, and the little stocking, gorgeous laces and ribbon, it will make such a lovely gift!

Jeanne J said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Totally drooling here Helen! Drop dead gorgeous! I love the paper pieced stocking and WOW that close up of the glittery box lid - beautiful!!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Helen! What fun and festive projects! Love all the Pink Paislee DP ;) Happy Holidays!

~Tammy~ said...

I totally gasped when I saw your projects! I must have stared and stared at it for several minutes taking it all in! You are so talented and inspiring! I am tickled pink to be designing along side you! Hugs!

Skye said...

Gorgeous card and box. Wonder paper piecing

SmilynStef said...

Love those sweet little jingle bells ... lovely holiday card design ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous - love the card and box! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches this week!

Geri said...

Stunning! Oh, how I admire crafters that have the ability to combine elements and produce a masterpiece. Love the twine and twill tape bow! Actually, I love everything about this card. Thanks for getting crafty with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

Nicole said...

What gorgeous creations! Thank you for sharing with us at Unscripted Sketches.

Kelly S. said...

SHRIEK! I am so pinning this! I LOVE the pom pom trim and bells on the stocking! And the Sewing Box Christmas one at that! Just happens to be my very favorite color combination for Christmas TOO! LOVE IT!