Friday, 16 November 2012

WMSC#123

Untitled

 

Hey everyone - hopefully I'm just in time for the WMSC sketch challenge this week.

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog

 

image

 

I have used lots of different WMS stamp sets on this card for my sweet son, Jack. I turned the sketch on its side and made a smaller trifold section in the middle. I wanted it to be like a little storybook.

Untitled

There are quite a few photos, so you may want to skip to the end ;)

I created the background by stamping the diamond pattern stamp from 'Heirloom Patterns' in white ink onto the blue & Kraft card base. I then took three different sized stars - two from 'Yonder Star' and one from 'Free Spirit Boy' and stamped them randomly over the existing background. I took some Punchinella and used it as a stencil and sprayed Cosmic Shimmer Mist over the Cardbase to give it a subtle aqua colour wash.I sponged a little blue acrylic paint around the edge of the cardbase. I sprayed the front of the little tri-fold book using more Cosmic Shimmer and homemade Punchinella stencil and then die cut a little window with Spellbinders Labels 2 Die. The sentiment is from 'Half Pint Heroes Additions' with an added crown image from 'Seasonal Remedies' above it.

So here is what is inside the centre fold out piece...

Page 1

Untitled

Page 2

The die cut windows go up in size incrementally using Labels 2. I used the cute flag stamps from Bitty Banners to create the bunting along the top, embossed in white and strung up with aqua blue Bakers Twine. I added a few blue stars stamped using one of the 'Yonder Star' stamps.

Untitled

I used one of the long pennants from bitty banners as a label on which to stamp the sentiments.

Page 3

Untitled

And the very inside...I coloured the little guys skin and hat using Copics and paper pieced his T-Shirt and jeans. The sun is created from a solid circle stamp and dotted circle from 'Teeny Trees' outlined with a knitted effect outline from 'Faux Fun Circles' which I think looks a little like the suns rays ;).

Untitled

And another view...

Untitled

I'm also entering this into Color Challenge #218 over at Color Throwdown.

Supplies:

Waltzingmouse Stamps: Half Pint Heroes Additions, Bitty Banners, Teeny Trees, Yonder Star, Faux Fun Circles, Pic-Nic Patterns, Heirloom Patterns, Seasonal Remedies.

Ink: Bahama Blue, Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Ladybug - Memento; Fresh Snow - PTI; Yo-Yo Yellow, Barely Banana - Stampin' Up!; Versamark & White embossing powder

Blue Acrylic Paint

Cosmic Shimmer Mist & Punchinella

 

 

14 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely stunning Helen, you knocked this challenge right out of the park!! Love thew fun colour combo and fab paper pieced by, and the little flap book, such a cool idea, he will LOVE this!!

Pauline said...

My spelling today is terrible! I meant 'the' not thew and 'boy' not by! LOL!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, Helen!! Your card is just amazing! Love your stunning little book! Great work! Have a nice weekend! Hugs

Kim said...

wow...this is just too darn cute!!!

Sharron said...

OMG, this is SO adorable! Love your little book! This is such a wonderful take on the sketch. Jack will love it!!

Betty J. said...

Very cute :-)

Renee said...

OMGoodness...
Helen this is fabulous!!
Love the book idea...
and this set is perfect for it!!
This is a treasure...
and Claire managed to say all the things a mother's heart feels with set...
he will love this!! :)

Jeanne J said...

Eeek!!!! ADORABLE Helen! I about fell off my chair when I saw this!!! What a fab project - the colors are beautiful - I love all the boy blue - so stinkin cute lady!!!

Audrey said...

Helen, this is ADORABLE! I am so anxious to get this set! What a wonderful project! :)

Kelly S. said...

SO ADORABLE! What awesome details, Helen! Love how the card opens like a little storybook to reveal all of that cuteness! Amazing coloring of the images, TOO!

Marybeth said...

Wow, Helen ...a lot of love went into this amazing project! You sure outdid yourself! The little boy is too cute and your stamping is beautiful! Love the way it opens! Enjoy your weekend.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

WOWSA! What a fabulous card! Just. Love it! So many details! So much love in this card!

Deborah Frings said...

What a wonderful card with the little book! Just fab!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh what an adorable collection of cards Helen! You obviously put a lot of love into making these! I surely can appreciate all the detail!