Monday, 26 November 2012

TRR#42 - Shabby Pastel Christmas

Untitled

Hello and welcome to another challenge at The Ribbon ReelLenet has chosen the most beautiful inspiration photo for us all to play with for the next two weeks and asks us to 'Make a Christmas card /project using cream, baby blue, pink and some bling!'

and here's my take using lots of beautiful Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Untitled

I created my very own customised background by stamping pink and blue snowflakes randomly over the white cardbase and then added two blue banner strips which had been embossed using Sizzix snowflakes embossing folder.

The sentiment is from 'Say it Loud - Winter Holidays'

I used the gorgeous snowflake image from 'Sewing Box Christmas' as the focal point for this card.  I stamped the smaller herringbone (dogtooth) patttern from 'Heirloom patterns' in pink and blue ink in order to paper piece the snowflake - fussy cutting for added dimension.I used the beautiful circle stamp from 'Faux Fun Circles' to stamp a blue background to the snowflake. I trimmed the snowflake bauble with light pink small pom-pom trim from The Ribbon Reel and finished with some pretty pink and white striped grosgain, also from The Ribbon Reel. I also used some gorgeous 'pink sheer ruffle edge ribbon', some '6mm blue grosgrain ribbon' and the gorgeous 'ivory button twine' from The Ribbon Reel behind the snowflake image.
I also stamped another pink strip of herringbone for the horizontal border across the top third of the card. I used the Marianne Designs Snowflake die to cut a lovely white felt shape as part of the background.

Untitled

and here's another view...

Untitled

Don't forget to visit the fabby TRR DT girls for their 'shabby pastel creations' today!

I'm also entering this into the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC125)- here's the sketch by the lovely Jean Martin!



Have a wonderful week :)

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

18 comments:

Pauline said...

This is sooo pretty Helen, what a gorgeous Christmas card! I love the Pom Pom trim and the fab sketch, stunning as always!

Jeanne J said...

So soft and beautiful Helen! I love that side view shot that shows off all the dimension you got from the pom poms - I would never have thought of that - it's really beautiful!

Stella said...

Oh my oh my; I am smitten!

Kara said...

beautiful!!

Cathy Weber said...

I love those pom poms around your image today...just a beautiful and elegant card!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Stunning Helen! Love the pastel color palette and all the texture!

sooofullofcraft said...

I love this soft palette and the way you tied that bow!! This card is so soft, sweet and lovely.

Kate said...

So pretty Helen. Love the pastels and the textures.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is so pretty - the soft pastel colours look just lovely!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is AMAZING! LOVE everything about you super beautiful and sweet card! Hugs, Karin

Carla said...

lovely sweet card, Helen. Just great!
Love from Holland.

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely stunning, I may have to CASE that fussy cut snowflake.

Renee said...

Oh, Helen...
this is gorgeous!!
Those pastels and all the fabulous WMS...
like a sugar plum dream!! :)
LOVE!!

Jean Martin said...

Helen! This is adorable!!! Love the pastel colors! :)

Lenet said...

Gorgeous!! I have to make some unbreakable decoration for my christmastree because of our kitten , you really inspired me with your centerpiece!
Thanks for joining us at wmsc..

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations, Helen! Your card is gorgeous! Love it very much! Have a great weekend! Hugs

Lisa H. said...

this is really, really pretty! the soft colors are beautifully put together.

Sue Lelli said...

This is so pastel and pretty, Helen! LOVE the pom poms and the medallion you created and that FUN stocking charm! SUPER card!