Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Serendipity Stamps - Christmas in France

Untitled

Hello and welcome lovely people wherever you are in the world!



image

This photo was taken by Serendipity Alumni  DT member Holly Craft  and the current DT are challenged to create using this picture as inspiration. Isn't it gorgeous? My thoughts turned to traditional Christmas...

Untitled

I was inspired to make a traditional Christmas card using the beautiful 'Christmas in France' window stamp. Wow, do I LOVE this stamp!!! I stamped the image firstly in close to cocoa ink and then a couple times in olive green ink. I coloured the first image using Copics and then cut out using Spellbinders Labels Eight die and with the label still inside, sponged tea dye distress ink around the edge. I wanted to keep the walls light but as if the room was being filled with warm orange glow from a roaring fire ;) I knew that I would like to add some dimension, so I did some fussy cutting around the greenery, sponged the edges with a little tea dye distress ink and popped up on some foam adhesive.
I decorated the branch to the right of the wreath by taking a cocktail stick and dotting very small  amounts of glue along each twig and then sprinkling on some tiny ultra fine red accent beads to look like berries. I used the same beads in the centre of the arrangement on the bottom left of the card.

I added a small silver bow and red sparkly gem onto the wreath and used red gems again as baubles on the the swag along the top of the window - again this is fussy cut.

Untitled

I embossed some green cardstock using a Sizzix snowflakes embossing folder which I then rubbed some Brilliance Starlight Silver ink across the surface to highlight all the wonderful detail. I added some red patterned paper, matt silver wired mesh trim, olive green grosgrain ribbon and a couple of red and silver stick pins, to one of which I have added some clear glass faceted beads for icy effect! I tied a simple red/cream striped double bow to finish the card.

Thanks so much for taking a look and don't forget that you can now check out what the rest of the fabulous Serendipity DT have made - I can't wait to see what they have created!! Click on their names below to be taken to their blog.
Amy
Cathy
Jeanne
Jenny
Miriam
Pauline
Sue

Mary has another tantalising deal for you all too - The sale this week at Serendipity Stamps is buy 3 get the 4th one free now through November 14!

Supplies:
Sizzix embossing folder
Ink: Brilliance Starburst Silver, Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink, Stampin Up - Close to Cocoa; Old Olive
Copic Markers
Red Crown Pins - The Ribbon Girl
Red striped ribbon - The Ribbon Reel
Glass beads and patterned paper from stash



11 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Helen! Love all your beautiful details! Fabulous work! Hugs

Amy Cokley said...

Super elegant. All those little extra touches really make it pop!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow Helen...you went all out and created a masterpiece with this one! I love the warm and cozy scene you created...the shading and all those great touches with the stick pins and beautiful ribbon. A beautiful take on Holly's inspiration picture.

Pauline said...

This is absolutely beautiful Helen, I just love the embossed silvered detail, and the textures you used. I especially love those pretty pins and all the wonderful fussy cutting and layers you created. A stunning homely rustic card, just beautiful!

Miriam said...

Love it Helen! All those cutouts and the stickpins are just beautiful! The bow at the top is a great touch too.

Jeanne J said...

Wow this is stunning - this is such a detailed image and you added loads and loads of dimension to it! The wreath, the swag, the pine boughs... amazing... and then all the gorgeous embellishments! I've got to go back and stare longer - spot on stunning Helen!

Mary said...

Awesome! Very pretty card,love your detail work...

Vickie Z said...

Love ALLL the details but, those beads are the branch are fab!! Wonderful!

Jill Norwood said...

Helen this is soooooo beautiful! I am new to serendipity stamps and just love them! Your card is so beautifully detailed and it truly does look like a room warmed by the glow of a fire! Gorgeous my dear!!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Helen! Love the framed door and all the pretty berries sprinkled about!

Alёnushka said...

Amaizing card!!! I can't wait for Сhristmas holiday =)))