Sunday, 11 November 2012

CR84FN#67 and some exciting news!

Good morning everyone! Today I have some news, which I have busting to share with you all, but couldn't until today!

I am one of the new Design Team members for CR84FN!
I was overcome with excitement when Mona contacted me, and asked if I would like to join the team. Of course, I had a really long think (about a nano second) and said YES!! Still pinching myself and so excited to be working with such a talented group of designers, it really does mean a lot to me!!
So today is my very first DT card for CR84FN, and the colours couldn't be any more gorgeous!!


and here's my take...

CR84FN#67
I used one of the flower images from Flourishes Lenten Rose stamp set and coloured the petals using purple Copic markers the leaves neutral shades.  I added a little white to the center of the flowers just to lift them a little 

CR84FN#67 DETAIL

I used a vintage music background stamp inked up in Gold to cover the kraft card base.  I then added some old vintage bookpaper and a purple doily which is cut using the Cheery lynn french pastry doily die, I stamped the lovely sentiment from Flourishes 'Zinnias' stamp set onto a label cut using PTI 's Fillable Frames #1 die. The purple butterfly in the top right corner is a rub-on by K&Co. I also added a little flower from the set at the bottom too :)
I finished my card with some layers of vintage lace, gold silky crush ribbon and some creamy coloured seam binding. I also attached a 'sparkler' embellishment by Websters pages onto the seam binding bow.

Thanks for visiting and for looking! Do stop by the rest of the CR84FN Design Team for more fabulous inspiration! Simply click on their name to visit their blog :)


Have a great week!

Helen x

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes Lenten Rose; Zinnias
Abbrianna Floral Rub-ons by K&Co.
Ribbon and Trims: Gold Crush, Ivory Seam Binding - The Ribbon Reel
Vintage Lace from Stash

16 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Helen! I love those beautifully colored roses and the elegant lace trim! Thank you so much for joining the CR84FN DT :)

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen! I love the colouring of the Lenten rose, and the beautiful vintage lace, wonderful layering and the pretty sparkler! A beautiful card!

Lisa H. said...

soooo great! welcome to the team....I'm happy to be here with you. Your card is beautiful. love the flowers and the gorgeous doily tucked in there.

Kelly S. said...

Yaaaay HELEN! So excited that you are a new CR84FN DT member!! Your coloring on these flowers is fanatastic! As always, the perfect details everywhere, including that purple doily, the awesome bow, and that BEAUTIFUL lace layered edge!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the pretty Lenten Rose! Great coloring and i love the lace and the doily. Congrats on being on the design team! It's gonna be fun 1

Andrea M said...

Welcome Helen!!! So glad to have you aboard!! This card is AMAZING! Love the beautiful flowers! Can't wait to see what you have in store!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Welcome aboard Helen, so pleased you've joined the team. This card is full of shabby goodness - love the lace and doily, the torn page - well all of it! Fab!

Jeanne J said...

Awesome Helen! SO happy to see you at CR84FN - you are everywhere lady! You make a wonderful addition to the team - your work always amazes me and I about flipped when I read the announcement! Big congrats and hugs!!

Sue Lelli said...

Whoo! Hoo! Helen, so HAPPY to have you join us! LOE your card with tht yummy lace and the FAB coloring on those flowers! PRETTY bow and butn too! A HUGE Welcome to YOU!

Jody Morrow said...

Pretty mix of the lace and doily.

Lisa S. said...

You deserve to be on this team Helen and your first DT card is amazing. I love all of the detail and your use of the challenge colors is fantastic. Congratulations to you!!!

Vickie Z said...

whoo hoo Helen!! I understand the nanosecond....mine was making sure I wasn't confused!!! Love the doily, music stamping and book paper! You can never go wrong with Flourishes's flowers! wonderful!

Stella said...

Congrats being on the team; so weel deserved! I hope you will hav a fab time; enjoy! Your card is a stunner!

Heather Jensen said...

WOW Helen! I love your plum Lenten Rose flowers. I am so happy you joined the CR84FN family! Welcome. :)

Hugs~

Shannon White said...

Goodness is this ever BEAUTIFUL Helen!! 8-) Love your Pretty image and the Wonderful Lace and sentiment too! I am just Soo Thrilled you are on the team Lady!! Yay! So happy we get to be teamies again! 8-) And I am so looking forward to seeing more of your Fabulous creations too! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Anne-Elise said...

Wow! Congratulations, Helen! So well deserved! Your first card is gorgeous! Love your work! Hugs