Sunday, 4 November 2012

CASE Study #115 & CR84FN66

Hi there beautiful blog people!

Wow, where did that weekend go? I've been out a lot with my two boys this weekend - Karate Grading, Birthday Parties and an evening of bonfires and fireworks. Now it's down to ironing and helping my husband pack for his business trip next week.

I have just finished moving all my crafty bits and pieces into my very own crafty space upstairs and it was so blissful creating this card in there today! I was absolutely bowled over by this months CASE Study muse, Angeline and all the fantastic creations by their amazing DT. 
Case study image#115

When I saw the card I knew I just had to get involved. I adore the current CR84FN colours of Gray, Tan and Cream so decided to combine the challenges for a match made in crafty heaven!
CR84FN66

And here's my take...
Untitled
I was drawn to the graduated colour of the cardstock strips and the gorgeous negative die cut sillhouettes on Angelines card, so I decided to use my new My Favorite Things Die-namics Chevron Stripes to create the cream and tan background. Once I had secured the chevrons into place with glue, I used the My Favorite Things Medium Leafy Flourish Die to cut out the beautiful shape from my custom cardstock background. I then backed it with some smoky grey cardstock - I went for a slightly darker grey for contrast against those neutral colours.
Untitled
I added a few pearls, some cream cotton lace and some ivory faux silk ribbon. The sentiment is from PTI's Asian Fusion stamp set and is stamped using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
Untitled

Thank-you so much for visiting today. Please leave me a comment if you like what you have seen today ;). Have a great week.

Helen x


16 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

oh my goodness...this is AMAZING!!! Perfect in every detail!!!

Denise said...

This is totally stunning. Love that chevron background and gorgeous leafy flourish. I love this card.
Hugs
Denise xx

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous helen, What an absolute stunner! I love the chevrons and the die cut leafy flourish, I've had my eye on these for a while myself, I have to have them lol! I love the scatter of pearls and the creamy lace with the silky ribbon, simply gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week ;-)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Helen! LOVE your chevron background and how you die cut the flourish! I can so appreciate the time it took to put the background together ;) A real labor of love! :) Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Vickie Z said...

Love this!! Chevrolet s are fabulous and the flourish is perfect! Your own crafty space....congrats, I remember when I finally got mine!!

Maureen said...

oh, that design is so cool! I thought it was designer paper at first! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Deborah Frings said...

Simply fabulous! I really like the chevron card you created and that delicate leaf flourish. The ribbon, lace and pearls are just so pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, lovely striking card! Great take on both challenges.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous , Helen! Love the colors and chevrons !

Jeanne J said...

Wow Helen - you have such an eclectic look here - the modern chevrons and bold images, and then you added antique looking lace and ribbon. I would have never thought to pair the two but wow such a striking contrast it's gorgeous!

Beate said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Helen!
Hugs and smiles

Lyndal said...

Stunning card Helen - LOVE it! It would be just perfect for this weeks "Accentuate the Negative" Challenge over at Catered Crop too.

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Helen, I love the chevron background.

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards...love them both!!!

Heather Jensen said...

Both are fabulous Helen. I love that chevron background die cut with the fancy flourish. :)

Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Shannon White said...

Wow Helen!! Your card is just Gorgeous! Love your take on the inspiration card. the chevrons and pretty die cut flourish looks super! And What a Fabulous idea too! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon