Tuesday, 2 October 2012

TT#118 - Cute and Cuddly



Tt#38
Hi, just popping in with a 'Cute and Cuddly' card for this weeks Tuesday Throwdown.  I was lucky enough to be given the Robyn's Fetish 'Paul Penguin Sleighing' digi stamp image to use on my card.  I coloured him using two different mediums - Copics and coloured pencils. I added some fine glitter to the fur on the bottom of his hat and added a tiny red pom-pom at the very end.
I mounted the image onto some cute Christmassy paper and sparkly glittered cardstock and then onto my blue cardbase.  The blue has a beautiful sheen to it!  I added some May Arts red/white striped ribbon, some blue/white bakers twine and a little PTI label.  I made the Candy cane myself using red and white Fimo modeling clay.  I finished with some white pom-pom trim along the sparkly square mat.

Do stop by the rest of the TTDT girls and leave some lovely comments - or visit the Tuesday Throwdown blog for more details of the 'Cute and Cuddly' challenge.  I'm also linking this up with the 'Unscripted Sketches' #178 challenge this week, as I used their wonderful sketch...



Hugs,

Helen x

13 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Adorable card Helen! Love the cute pom pom trim!

Pauline said...

So sweet Helen, love your colouring, and the little red pompom on the penguins hat!

Cheryl said...

Cute! Love your coloring, all those fun pompoms, and your clay candy cane is fantastic!

Susan Dube said...

This is so precious and colorful! I love your coloring and the papers are perfect for this background. I love the candy cane and the pom poms are perfect!

Hugs,
Susan - TT DT

Keilly said...

This is such a sweet card, love the little penguin! x

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, I kept my balance, I am so cute and fun. Come and play with us. This is fun and cheery image and beautifully colored. Hugs

Geri said...

He is just toooooo cute! Your card really is fabulous! I'm always in awe of people who can color so well. Love the depth and detail that you have incorporated into your card. Thanks for getting crafty with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

Shannon White said...

Oh! He' just Too Darned CUTE Helen!! 8-) He's one of my favorite Robyn's Fetish Christmas images And I will using him in December for sure, lol You really brought him to life with your Fab coloring! Love the fun pom pom trim too! Just Too Adorable!

Hope you are having a Super week! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

crafty-stamper said...

Love your fantastic colouring of the image and great BP
carolx

dstandard said...

Adorable image and cute cute card! Thanks for playing at US this week!

Larelyn said...

Oh my, this is just adorable! I love the pom pom ribbon and the image is darling.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

EEK - Helen this is gorgeous - I love your coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Maria said...

Awww that penguin is too adorable! Love the pom pom trim, too!