Monday, 29 October 2012

TRR#40 Over the Rainbow

Hello and welcome to another fun fortnightly challenge at The Ribbon Reel!

Pauline has chosen this bright, vibrant picture for our inspiration and asks that we use RAINBOW COLOURS  to make a project with all the colours of the rainbow, plus ribbon & twine.


and here's my take:
TRR#40 final

I used some amazing colourful patterned papers from Pink Paislee's 'She Art' range by Christy Tomlinson to create my rainbow. I used the Butterfly Delights craft die by Memory Box to cut lots of little butterflies from the patterned paper and adhered to the strip of kraft cardstock.  I used the negative die cut piece as a stencil and I sponged distress ink onto the kraft strip so that I would know how to arrange my butterflies!! It just looks like they have little shadows underneath them :)

TRR butterflies

I used an ek success border punch to add a little extra detail to patterned paper border - so many pretty patterns and an absoloute rainbow of colours too!

I finished my card with some beautiful Aqua Blue Mesh ribbon, Purple Plum Divine Bakers Twine, Celery Green Loop Trim all available from The Ribbon Reel.
The sentiment is by Technique Tuesday - I simply cut a banner by hand, distressed and added some wonderful Prima Alencon lace and a sweet red and white polka dot button from The Ribbon Reel.

TRR#40 sent

Please stop by the rest of The Ribbon Reel DT ladies showcasing their wonderful rainbow inspired cards for you today. Sadly this will be Pauline and Fran's last challenge with us, as their terms are coming to an end. You will be missed very much at The Ribbon Reel ladies - good luck in all your crafty pursuits!!

I was inspired by challenge #114 currently running over at CASE Study, so I'm entering my creation over there too! I was inspired by all the wonderful texture, the kraft and the great layout ;)

10 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! I love all the sweet butterflies fluttering about! Great way to showcase those PP papers ;)

Jeanne J said...

I love the rainbow of colors and how they just pop off the page next to the white embossed paper and the kraft! Great take on the sketch!

Stella said...

Wow this is stunning;I love your choice of PP and the butterflies are a gorgeous addition. Love that gingham button too :)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Helen with those fluttery butterflies, and pretty papers! Love the embossed panel and the gorgeous ribbons too!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Helen! Love the pretty butterflies, the embossed background and the beautiful border with all the ribbons and cute button! Hugs

Lisa S. said...

Helen, what an amazing take on the inspiration photo. I love your use of She Art papers and the way you coordinated everything on this card. It's perfection!

cbuswell said...

This is SO pretty! I LOVE it!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Teneale Williams said...

This card is simply divine, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little butterflies down the side. Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study.

Marybeth said...

Hi Helen , I just had to tell you how much I love your card! Beautiful way to use all the bright colors .

Alёnushka said...

Awesome card! Incredibly beautiful!