Monday, 15 October 2012

The Ribbon Reel TRR#39

Hi and welcome to TRR#39!! For the next two weeks we will be using the following inspiration picture chosen by Fran to create a card, layout, mixed media piece. Fran asks that we be inspired by the 'SHABBY NATURAL' colours in the PHOTO, use RIBBON/TWINE/BURLAP and MAKE IT SHABBY!!!




*LOOK AWAY NOW JON*
I made a card for my husbands birthday, which is tomorrow! As you read this I am away with my family where are staing in a little English seaside town on the South Coast. 

Untitled

I used some coffee to dye some sheer white box pleat trim and some plain white seam binding - both from The Ribbon Reel. My husband adores his coffee, so will probably think it hilarious that I used coffee in some way on his card!

Untitled

I used Serendipity Stamps Heart Outline Die to cut some corrugated card and used distressed ink and a little sheer silver pearlescent paint for interest (I wanted to represent those pretty silver lanterns from the inspiration pic). I added a little scrap of open weave burlap type fabric, a piece of beautiful Guipure lace from The Ribbon Reel (also dyed with coffee) and added a little locket/keyhole on top.

Untitled

The sentiment is made from lots of different stamps found in the 'Compact Family' and 'Compact Sentiments' stamp sets by Waltzingmouse - I just inked up the specific words I needed - I just couldn't bring myself to cut them apart! The distressed kraft background is created using an embossing folder smeared with Vintage Cream ink and then run through my Cuttlebug.

Don't forget to visit the rest of The Ribbon Reel DT - you won't be disappointed! For full details of this challenge and to link up your creations, visit

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great week! I'm back tomorrow with my last card as a Tuesday Throwdown DT!

Helen x

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen! I love the sentiment, and the corrugated heard, I love the little lock and touch of burlap, a fab male card! Enjoy your mini break away!

Keilly said...

This is stunning Helen, I just love the distressed heart with the little keyhole, guipure lace and that gorgeous purple burlap peeking through x

Jeanne J said...

I love all the texture here Helen - the little bit of burlap netting and the embossing - looks so vintage!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Helen! Love all the details! Fab work! Hugs