Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge - Thanksgiving


  


Good Morning sweet blogging friends!

Welcome to the another October Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge. Our challenge this time is to create a Thanksgiving Dinner themed project. 

Mary's Serendipity Special will be a 40% off coupon.   Customers who enter the code 40FROMHIGH during checkout with receive a HUGE 40% off their highest priced item. You have until Oct 24th to take advantage of this fantastic offer!

Untitled
I have created a napkin ring decoration and matching menu card. I used Serendipity Stamps' 'Flourish'  and 'Flourish Mirror' stamped using Memento Potters Clay, Rhubarb Stalk and Rich Cocoa to create a random background. I added some beautiful wide cream cotton lace, some open weave trim, my pre-stamped napkin band and a Kraft cardstock circle stamped with the beautiful 'Wheat Sheaf'  cling stamp from Serendipity Stamps. I simply punched some holes either side of the circle and threaded some cream seam binding around the layers and finished with a bow, an ivory pearl and some leaf stick pins.

Untitled

The flourishes background on the card is from the same piece of cardstock I used to create the napkin band and I used the very same elements/layers and simply arranged in almost the same way! 

Untitled

Don't forget to visit the Serendipity Stamps store to take advantage of the great deal I mentioned above. You can also see all the AMAZING projects from the rest of the Serendipity Stamps Design Team by clicking on their names below. 

Helen  (that's me!)
Jeanne  
Have a great rest of the week!

4 comments:

Amy Cokley said...

Cool, great looking projects, I love how you made the silverware so pretty!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful menu card and napkin ring, I love those pretty flourishes, and the inks are my favourite colours right now! Gorgeous table setting!

Cathy Weber said...

What a great idea to use that burlap trim! Helen, this is beautiful, so elegant and the wheat sheaf is the perfect image to put on your napkin holder and menu holder. I can just imagine how beautiful your table would be on Thanksgiving!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card and place setting, Helen! Makes me want to come over to your house for Thanksgiving! GORGEOUS!