Thursday, 18 October 2012

DYSU#94 - Vintage

DYSU#94
Hello and a very warm welcome to another Thursday Challenge at Do You Stack Up.


Here are our sponsors this week...
* Silver & Gold Embossing Powders

*Winner's Choice of 5 Digis



* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis

This week at DYSU we are challenging you to create something with a Vintage feel and this week I was lucky enough to use the wonderful Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel on my project! This stuff is absolutely amazing and I knew exactly what I wanted to create with it.  I have had it in my mind to create this card for some time and when I saw Laurie Willison's card, I was inspired yet again to go for it!!


DYSU#94

I used my Spellbinders Classic Circles dies to cut circle shapes out of my lovely white cardstock. I then traced around my design onto the aqua blue cardstock base I had already prepared and used Versamark ink to stamp beautiful doily shapes.  I simply sprinkled on some of the GORGEOUS Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel and heat embossed!! This really does give a wonderful effect. The embossing enamel is  chunkier than regular embossing powder and gives a slightly less defined, more irregular look which I absolutely love!!

I hope you will join us for the DYSU Vintage Challenge this week! Visit the DYSU Blog for full details and to see what my AMAZING DT friends have created - you won't be disappointed!

Helen x

18 comments:

WencheP said...

This is cool. Love the design and the colors.

Hugs from freezing Norway,
Wenche

Denise said...

I LOVE this card. Such a beautiful design and those doily images are so pretty.
Hugs
Denise xx

Pauline said...

This is a wonderful design Helen, I love the use of the negative space and the cold crisp colours. Amazing design!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! Those gold embossed doilies look fabulous!

Barb Turpin said...

Very nice effect with the embossing, and perfect with the matching circle die! Beautiful results!

Maria said...

Fab gold embossed doilies! Just over the top gorgeous...love it!!!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, what a great design!! Love the embossed doilies!! Have a great Sunday! Hugs

princesskitten said...

Love the punched through dimension - really clever

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Helen! This is so GORGEOUS! LOVE the vibrant embossed doilies with the jewels and the cut out circles! FAB card!

Joey said...

Love the effect of this card Helen, its gorgeous. Joey x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wowsie! this is GORGEOUS!!!!

Heather Jensen said...

So pretty! Love the gold medallion. :)

Hugs~

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card and colors Helen. The embossing is beautiful. Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog.

Davi said...

WOW Helen this is beautiful!! I love how you cut out for the medallions to how thru :)

Barb said...

So beautiful! I love how you stamped in the negative space. Elegant, pretty design!

Shannon White said...

Wowie Helen! this is Really Beautiful! Love the circle cut outs and your Wonderful embossed medallions! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Marlena M. said...

This is amazing~gorgeous work~!

Jeanne J said...

This is stunning Helen - it reminds me of peacock feathers - the pretty blue, gold embossing, gems - wow - just gorgeous!