Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Tuesday Throwdown TT#116 - Thank you so very much

TT#116 label
Hello and Good Morning!  It's Tuesday, so that brings us another fun challenge from Tuesday Throwdown.  This week we are asking you to "Cut Corners" - use photo corners or decorative corner punches on your project.


We also have a great prize one lucky person from "My Creative Classroom"...check out the Tuesday Throwdown blog for all the details :)

TT#116 final

I used one of the beautiful dies from the Spellbinders Persian Accents to add detail to the corners of my card. I wanted a very neutral look to my card and was really based around this gorgeous stamped label by PTI from my friend Pauline.  I used some pretty paper from Kaisercrafts 'Homemade' collection and created an embossed square frame using an embossing folder and square dies. I went in and brushed over a little Antique Linen distress ink to break up all the white and hopefully bring a little interest.

I finished with some mushroom seam binding from The Ribbon Reel, lots of lovely pearls and some cute Maya Road leaf stick pins.

Don't forget to visit the Tuesday Throwdown blog to see the rest of the fabby DT creations and to link up your projects!

I'll  be back tomorrow to share my next Serendipity Stamps project with you!

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

9 comments:

Barb said...

absolutely gorgeous! so romantic and elegant!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Helen! Love the soft colors, the die cuts, the pearls, the bow and the cute pins! Lovely!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Helen, the little pins just pop against the neutral colours you used! Beautiful card!

Larelyn said...

Just gorgeous, Helen. I love the pop of color in the stick pins and sentiment ink. Fabulous.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Helen! Love the elegant label and all the texture!

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful design with a touch of elegance, simply stunning. Hugs

Susan Dube said...

Helen, this is stunning! I love the clean, classic style of the card and the Parisian accents are gorgeous! The papers are beautiful and I love how you embossed the frame. Love the ribbon and pearls and it all just fits together. Just beautiful!

Hugs,
Susan

Jeanne J said...

Helen, I love that you started with the label - the elegance just flows from there! Gorgeous embellishments perfectly placed to create one fabulous stunning card!

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is so stunning! I love the neutral look with the touch of blue. Gorgeous!
<3 Emily