Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Tuesday Throwdown - TT#114 'Back to Books'

We have a another fun theme at Tuesday Throwdown for you this week. 
"Back to Books"  
Make a Book related item - card, bookmark, layout or 3D item!

I decided to make a corner bookmark for my boys using the 'Book worm' image by 'Robyns Fetish' ;)
Here it is on my son's current book!!

TT#114 Corner Bookmark

I used papers from the Making Memories 'Just Chillin' line for the background to my little Bookworm. He and his books are coloured using Copics.  I used my Martha Stewart zig zag punch to create a border along the bottom edge and finished with some small pom pom trim and some blue and white bakers twine.

And I thought it would be good to decorate the back too so there is a little quote on the back by Dr. Seuss...(we're big fans of his books in this house!)

TT#114 back view

If you're like me and needed a little help, I used the fabby Splitcoast Stampers tutorial to make mine - CLICK HERE to take a look :)

It would be great to see what you create for the "BACK TO BOOKS" challenge this week! 
So pop on over to the Tuesday Throwdown blog to be inspired by all the rest of the DT creations and our lovely September Guest Designer, Birgit Johansson.

Challenges entered for this Book mark:
Simon Says stamp and show - Read All About It
Incy Wincy Designs - Back to School
Love to Create Challenge #31 - Back to School
The Cutie Pie Challenge - #26 No Flowers
Stamps + Fun = Creativity - Anything but a card


14 comments:

Pauline said...

I love your fun little bookmark Helen, in one of my favourite colour combos too! Beautiful! I have a little bookworm that would love that!

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful bookmark and image, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie no flowers challenge, good luck cheers Sue and Wendy xx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute bookmark Helen! Love the little worm and cute pom pom trim!

Dan said...

Great bookmarkd and I absolutely love the cool Dr Seuss quote you've included! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute bookmark love these corner ones decorated beautifully love the colour
carol x

NanaConnie said...

I'm really learning to love those corner bookmarks, Helen, and this one is spectacular! Love the color combo, and the little bookworm is just too cute.

Berni Cuttino said...

This project is supberb, beautiful colors and the bookworm is the perfect touch. Hugs

Davi said...

Wonderful bookmark Helen...so fun doing the corner one and love that you decorated both sides :)

Lisa xx said...

brilliant work Helen, I love the bookworm!! thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

ScrappyAndrea said...

Your bokkmark is fantatsic!
Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
xxx Andrea

Larelyn said...

I love this, Helen. The image is great and I love your color choices. What a great way to keep your place in a book,
Hugs,
Larelyn

Joann Burton said...

Great bookmark...Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Bettina L. said...

This is such a lovely bookmark and I love how you've coloured that bookworm and the decoration with the pompoms, string and papers makes it perfect. Thanks for playing at Incy Wincy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for another challenge.Bettina xx

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is so cute Helen! The color combination is just fabulous, and I love that little quote on the back..so perfect!
<3 Emily L.