Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Serendipity Stamps - Halloween Ghosties



Hi all,

Welcome to another fun blog hop with the Serendipity Stamps Design Team!  This week we have had lots of fun creating for our "Halloween" themed projects.

I have created a spooky Luminary (lantern) and co-ordinating card set using some of Serendipity's 'Halloween' stamps.

Untitled

The luminary was quite straightforward to make - I used some sparkly black glittered cardstock and simply scored every 4inches along the longest edge to create the rectangular shaped lantern. I chose Labels 4 die to create the slightly 'Gothic' shaped window at the front of the lantern.
Untitled
The Ghosties stamp by Serendipity is stamped onto very fine glassine/tissue type paper and then simply adhered on the back of the glittered card.  I created an extra decorative border for the top by cutting more black glittered card using Persian accents border and attaching it to the top edge of my lantern using a thin strip of double sided tape. I wanted it look like the railings on top of the fence surrounding a haunted house!!LOL!
Untitled

I added some tiny little purple gems along the decorative border and onto the front of the lantern and then finished by tying some orange and purple ribbon around the base.

Here's a shot of the luminary with the {battery operated} tealight inside...
Untitled
and on the back, another much smaller window with a Cute little Trick or Treat bag from Serendipity stamps.
Untitled

...and I created a co-ordinating card  - a little ghostie friend for the three little guys on the lantern!! This time I used the 'Ghost with Pumpkin' stamp, first stamping in black ink and then adding a colour here and there using my Copics. I also added a little purple Trick or Treat bag at his feet.
Serendipity stamps Halloween card
The purple background was created using the Sizzix 'plaid' embossing folder which had been smeared with black ink and then run through my Cuttlebug machine. I used the black glittered shape left over from when I cut out the shape of the window as a background label for the little ghost on the card. I simple added strips of the same purple and orange satin ribbon and more of the same black glittered Persian accents die cut border with added purple gems.

...and here's the spooky night time version of the card and luminary together - can't wait for my boys to see these on Halloween!! I think these would make terrific table centre-pieces filled with lots of sweet treats.  Maybe triangle or round shaped lanterns would be fun to make next time too! Perhaps for Christmas :).
Untitled

Serendipity Stamps is having a great sale now too. Any stamp selected from the Halloween category is 20% off. The sale runs through September 26th, so head on over there and take a look!

Please check out the rest of the projects from our fantastic Serendipity Stamps Design Team, they are:
Helen  (that's me!)
Jeanne  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Helen x

8 comments:

Amy Cokley said...

Squeee, I love both of your projects. That luminary is delightful! I see that on my future todo list!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, you totally knocked it out of the park today Helen. Your luminary is beautiful, so creative with the Persian trim on top and I love the idea to cut the window and use battery tea lights inside...your pics of it lit up was beautiful. Such a cute card to go with it too, love the sparkly paper and matching trim.

Jeanne J said...

OH!! Now You are the real paper crafting goddess Helen! I was an imposter! WOW! Either project on its own is just stunning but to put them together as a matched set is just over the top, to die for stunning! I love the elegant border, glittery paper, and fun colors. Just so much eye candy with the gems and sparkle - brilliant!

Miriam said...

Both your projects are wonderful! Especially love the luminary and its fun to see it lit up!

Pauline said...

OOh! so spooky Helen! I love the fun luminary, and the sparkly card! I love the fab fencing addition on the top too, a wonderful use of this die! Fab work!

Shannon White said...

Ooh! I Love your Spooctacular gift set Helen!! Wowie!! Love the Adorable luminary! ( gong to have to give one of those a try one of these days! So Fabulous! And your Sweet ghostie card is too Darned CUTE!! Love the fun texture and pretty border on both! Just Awesome Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So fun and spooky Helen! Love all the shimmery paper you used! Makes me think of black magic!

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are superb, Helen! I love cute Halloween things rather than the really dark and spooky. Love that luminary! Gorgeous sparkle and that bow is to die for!