Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop - That 70s Card

Serendipity 70's Owl

Hello my friends and welcome to the Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop!



This time 'it's a 70s thing' and I am sharing a card with a kind of a 70's vibe!

Serendipity 70's Retro Owl

I used the adorable 'Retro Owl' stamp by Serendipity Stamps for my card - it reminds me of those cute Macramé owls that were around in the 70s. I decided to stamp this cute little bird onto some blue grey felt using Black Stazon ink and then fussy cut around the basic outline. There is SO much detail on this beautiful stamp and it looks every bit as good stamped into felt. I added two small black faceted gems for the pupils of his eyes and popped him onto my card.

Serendipity 70s close-up

I have really enjoyed looking at all the 70's images on Pinterest and browns, oranges, mustard yellows and greens seemed to feature quite heavily so that's where I partly took my inspiration for the colour scheme. The paper for the background is from Basic Grey's 'Out of Print' collection and I used 'Serendipity's Heart Outline die' to cut an aperture for orange felt onto which I layered the brown scrollwork heart, using 'Serendipitys' Heart Scroll Die' to cut my cardstock. I added some dark brown bakers twine, an orange moulded flower and a little Kraft tag stamped with the 'Its a Special Day!' sentiment from the 'Hippo Cling Set' by Serendipity Stamps
I finished by creating an orange polka dot ribbon ruffle along the base of the card and added some brown rose ruffle trim along the very bottom.

*Serendipity Stamps have a special deal on until 12th September! Buy 3 Items Get the 4th one free!* Very tempting deal don't you think?

Don't forget to check out the fabulous 70's inspired cards from the rest of the Design Team by clicking on their names below or visit the Serendipity Stamps Blog.

Amy

Cathy
                      Helen (you are here)
Jeanne  
Jenny 
Miriam
Pauline
Sue

7 comments:

Amy Cokley said...

Wonderful! I love the way the stamp looks on felt, and all your layers are wonderful!

Pauline said...

Simply gorgeous helen! I love the mix of die cut and image, with those gorgeous papers and ribbon too, stunning! Oh yes I remember macrame! A hanging plant one comes to mind!

Jenny Gropp said...

So fun! Love the collage of items you used on this, it totally has a 70s vibe going on! Great card!

Cathy Weber said...

Your owl looks so good stamped onto felt Helen and with the great heart felt behind the intricate die...gorgeous. What pretty rose ribbon you used along the bottom. I wish I had been a fraction of this classy and elegant in the 70's!

Miriam said...

Great idea to stamp on felt! I remember using lots of felt in crafting back then. Your patterned paper screams 70's too!

Jeanne J said...

Wow! Gorgeous Helen! Your colors are spot on 70's - browns, oranges and polka dots - the owl.... but this is oh so elegant! Love all the fabrics and frills!!

Marybeth said...

Love your card Helen! The paper you used is so perfect. I think I had a pair of bell bottom pants with that print. lol. Love the felt owl and your entire card.