Friday, 7 September 2012

Butterfly Dreams - CR84FN#62

Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm glad it's the end of the week - I'm looking forward to spending some time outside in the sunshine with my family this weekend.

It's another absolutely beautiful colour combination over at the CR84FN Color Challenge - just look at this pretty inspiration board! And how about that quote - really spoke to me today:)


and here's my card:
Untitled

I used the 'Lilacs' stamp by Serendipity Stamps - it's the first time this stamp has seen any ink and I love it!! I stamped it in purple ink and coloured using my copics I stamped the butterfly again, coloured using peachy tones, cut out and set aside. I used my labels eight die by Spellbinders around the main image.  I wanted a kind of vintage botanical effect, so I applied a medium layer of Distress Crackle paint by Ranger all over the main image and the butterfly which has given quite a delicate/small crackled effect. I went over the entire image, sponging with some antique linen, milled lavender and old paper distress ink pads to highlight the crackles even more in certain areas and then used a little lavender acrylic paint lightly brushed over the edges of the main label and around the edges of the butterfly.

Untitled

I used pale lavender and peach cardstock and some patterned paper by Pink Paislee for the background and some beautiful May Arts silk ribbon for the pretty bow. The sentiment is stamped in lavender lace ink by SU! onto a tiny tags die cut from the lovely Pauline.  This stamp is from the lovely little 'Dragonfly Dreams' set from Serendipity Stamps.

Untitled

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, whatever your plans are!

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the sunshine!!

15 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Wow Helen - this is stunning. Love that stamp and the deep rich colours you have used. The crackle effect is brilliant too.
Hugs
Denise xx

Deborah Frings said...

Helen - this is fabulous!! Love the crackle effect on the main image and the depth of colour is beautiful! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Anne-Elise said...

Stunning card, Helen! Love the flower with the crackle effect and the gorgeous butterfly with the rhinestones! Great work as always! Have a nice week-end with your family!

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE all of the layers and the crackle effect! And your butterfly - WOW! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Oh Helen this is truly beautiful! A stunning creation, what a beautiful effect with the crackle accents, that butterfly simply glows!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent use of the colors, Helen! Gorgeous card. Love that bow and the crackle look.

Jill Norwood said...

Helen this is so beautiful! Love the crackle background and the beautiful flowers! Stunning card!!!!!

Heather Jensen said...

Oh what beautiful Lilacs. I always love an added butterfly. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Stunning card Helen! Those Lilacs look incredible and I love the added texture! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Ren-Yi said...

Oh Helen - look how stunning this is! The crackle paint and the color combination is amazing. And I love how this card has such delightful coloring & texture! Oh just gorgeous, Helen.

Shannon White said...

Just Beautiful Helen! Wowie!! Love the Wonderful lilacs and Sweet Butterfly. The crackle paint adds such fabulous vintage texture too! Love it! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Sonia said...

In love with your Amazing Creation!... I love butterflies, adding a butterfly look so perfect!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Ira Huberts said...

Oh Helen, such pretty colours! Your lilacs card is so classy and stylish! Thanks for your sweet comment on my post, take care, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a gorgeous card Helen. Such pretty images, awesome coloring, and neat textures! Fabulous design.