Friday, 24 August 2012

WMSC#111 Birthday Wishes

Untitled

Happy Friday everyone! Whew, what a week! I have a card to enter into this weeks Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I know I'm a little late to the party so I will keep this post short!!

Here is the wonderful sketch by Julia Aston



and here is my card...

Untitled

I stamped the plaid background using one of the long stamps from 'Pic Nic Patterns' using Memento Desert Sand and Stampin Up Pink. I used the beautiful label from 'French Country' and a border image from Pic Nic Patterns as the base for my pretty birthday cake from the 'Eat Cake' set by WMS.  The little oval doily shape is from the 'Cameo creations' set and is fussy cut and popped onto a little banner from 'Bitty Banners' with the sentiment 'Birthday Wishes', also from the Eat Cake set.  I stamped the gorgeous border image near the bottom edge of the card and added some white lace, pink pleated ribbon and sweet pink button twine!

Here's another view...

Untitled

As always, thanks so much for looking!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

9 comments:

Kim Duran said...

Yay! You made it to the party! I had this stamp set on my wish list for so long and finally got it a few weeks ago. Now I get to look at this lovely card for inspiration. The background pattern is lovely!

Sarah said...

Hi Helen

Your card is beautiful! Love the colours and especially love that cake!
Have a great weekend.

Sarah x

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Helen! I love the plaid background, and the fabby mix of stamps! Such a pretty card, and I love that cake!

Jean Martin said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Helen! Love that stamped background! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Kate said...

The cake is beautiful but the background, layering, ribbon and pearls take one's breath away. Particularly love the way you stamped that border image along the base.

Michelle said...

Your plaid background is utterly amazing! love the layered trimmings and pretty cake! Beautifully done, Helen!

Savitri said...

Eeek!! ADORABLE!!! Love every bit of this card!!
On a side note, each time you leave a message on my blog I always pause and this comes in my head: "Oh my gosh, I didn't know my neighbour reads my blog! I better make sure I never write anything about her!" But then I soon realise that you're a completely different person and that you don't even live near me :)

Berni Cuttino said...

Fantastic card, lovel image. Thanks for visiting and leaving the luv. Hugs

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Birthday card Helen! Love all the layers! Great job fussy cutting around the doily shape! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)