Friday, 17 August 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps August Blog Party

***WARNING*** This post contains many photos! Hope you can grab a cuppa, sit back and enjoy what you see!


Hey everyone!

Tonight I'm delighted to be 'partying' along with Waltzingmouse stamps for their monthly blog party event.  The theme for this months party is 'Birthdays'.  Happy Birthday to anyone celebrating today!! Come and join in - you are ALWAYS guaranteed to feel very, very welcome with Waltzingmouse stamps :)

My mums birthday was literally two days ago on 15th August, so this inspirational event could not have come at a better time for me! Today I'm sharing the gift that I made for her and also the gift I made for my boys to give to her.

I decided to break out Waltzingmouse's 'Big Berries, Strawberry' mini stamp set and make a scented pillow to pop on her bed or put into her chest of drawers to freshen her clothes...Oh, and of course I made a card to match.

Untitled

I sketched out a heart shape free-hand onto some white cotton which was folded double and cut out both layers. I then stamped the Strawberry onto the top side of the cushion using green and red Stazon ink and attached a felt frame for it that I cut using Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs die with the middle cut out. I then popped some white cotton lace in-between the two layers of fabric, pinned into place and stitched them together using my sewing machine making sure I left just enough room at the top to insert the toy wadding inside.

Untitled

I used much the same materials on the card - I added the same cotton lace and a similar button in different colour.  The background was created by stamping the strawberry randomly over a sheet of cardstock, but this time I used shades for the Berry and stalk.

Untitled

I also created a mini-album for my two little boys to give to their Grandma on her birthday.  Once I'd chosen which photos to use, the rest came together quite easily.  I used Spellbinders Labels One dies to cut the overall shape of the album along with MANY Waltzingmouse Stamp Sets to decorate the inside.

Untitled

I stamped a combination of fab words/sentiments from Roses in Bloom set throughout the album, but highlighted the word 'Grandma' on the front cover by stamping it onto a tag from Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio.  The corrugated heart is die cut using Serendipity Stamps Heart Die and painted in places using Pink acrylic paint and distressed with tea dye distress ink.  I added some sweet little punched butterflies each decorated with a pretty pink pearl. I created a pink rose using cardstock and Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms dies.

Untitled
Page one - I used Waltzingmouse Stamps - Very Vintage Labels One stamp set which coordinates exactly with Spellbinders Labels One dies to create a label for inside the front cover.  I came across a fantastic 'Inspirational quotes for Grandmothers' site with quotes just right for my album, so this is computer generated sentiment, but it fits really well with the sentiment stamped on the opposite page - 'Home is where you are' from the 'Roses in Bloom' set by Waltzingmouse.

Untitled
I die cut a heart shape from plain cardstock and stamped lots of random words from ....Sentiments celebrating all the things my mum is and then highlighted the 'Grandmother' sentiment by stamping in a darker pink colour.

I used a Doily stamp from 'Dainty Doilies -Large' by Waltzingmouse to create a frame for the picture of me in the back of the album to which I stamped 'Mum' at the top and 'You mean Everything to Me' at the bottom - I used the 'Roses in Bloom' set again for these sentiments.
Untitled
Ok, I think that's it!! Quite a long post from me today.  Don't forget that you can join in too - you have until 18th August to make something and link it up to your blog by visiting the "Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog".  Claire has a list of various timezones listed there to help you work out when the party ends in real time for you!  I'm looking forward to seeing all the fabby inspirational birthday projects out there tonight - look forward to seeing you there too - don't forget, they have digital images and templates is you don't any of their clear stamp sets yet!  

Enjoy the party!!

Helen x x x






37 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is fantastic Helen! Gorgeous work.

Pauline said...

Helen...I'm almost speechless! Almost...WOW! STUNNING!! I love your mini album! Love the rosy hues, what a wonderful gift for your mum. And the card, another stunner. Ok, I am lost for words! BEAUTiful beautiful projects. xx

Jeanne J said...

Oh Helen - SO many pretty projects here I don't know where to start. Love the sachet pillow and WOW that amazing card for your mom - so pretty - I just love that berry stamped background and all the pretty lace with that doily ... drool.... and then you make a mini album too?! This little giftie will be treasured for years and pulled out every time visitors stop by! Your siblings are gonna hate you girl! How will they ever top this?

cbuswell said...

WOW! Just gorgeous! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every little detail!! Fabulous work!

Joyce said...

All your projects are just gorgeous. I really love that mini album.

Renee said...

Helen...
I'm just going to echo Clare...
WOW!!!
What an incredible birthday your mom had!
The sachet...
card...
and I know tears must have appeared at that gorgeous album that she will treasure always!!
It's all amazing Helen...
truly amazing! :)

Maureen said...

Wow!! Just fabulous - all of it! You've really outdone yourself here Helen! That sachet and matching card are just so sweet and that album is perfectly precious!!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, gorgeous projects, Helen! Love the sweet little pillow and the beautiful album! Amazing work!

Sasha said...

Beautifully created, Helen. I love everything! Fabulous work! Lots of TLC has gone into makimg these little beauties x

Cassie_lu said...

such a sweet gift set for your mom. love the look of those berries.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow! Absolutely fabulous blog party entry this month...as always, so creative. I love the heart sachet and that photo album is adorable. I bet your mom loved it!

suezie said...

Helen - incredible creativity as usual - just love everything and especially the way you used that strawberry to stamp up a fabby background on your card. I know your mum is just gonna be thrilled to get these.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Helen, these are all such amazing projects! That little pillow is so cute and I love the card with the pink berries behind that big, red berry! Amazing work!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow what amazing project for you Mom's birthday! I am sure she will treasure them for years! I love all the sweet details on absoulutely everything! Just gorgeous! Homemade gifts from the heart are just the best!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Truly AMAZING, Helen. What a fabulous lot of crafting goodness - such "berry" beautiful creations in such a fabulous variety of forms. Your mini album is delightful...just delightful!

Craftilicious said...

Well how fab is that??? I just made a card which looks quite sad by comparison - amazing creativity and your execution is just perfection personified.
Tara
x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Beautiful Helen! I love the mini album, and the strawberry goodies are just gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

What lovely b'day projects for your mum Helen! The pillow is so sweet - a wonderful keepsake for her - and I'm sure she will adore that photo album! what pretty stampings on them all!

Asha said...

Words fail me! What a marvellous gift for grandma. Something tells me she'll be speechless too!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Helen! So pretty and feminine! What a wonderful keepsake!

Belinda Langner said...

Absolutely lovely! What a fabulous gift!!! So cool!

NanaConnie said...

I'm loving all that pink, Helen! Such stunning projects. You know Grandma is going to love that brag book. :-D Beautifully done.

Lori said...

What a fabulous gift ensemble! I bet your mom was too thrilled to receive all these amazing goodies!

Marybeth said...

Such a wonderful gift ! Any mom would love getting this beautiful gift and gorgeous card!

Helen L said...

what a lovely scent pillow, and the book is really pretty!! I'll bet your mom loved it!!

Kim said...

So elegant...what a wonderful project to make. Who wouldn't love receiving this amazing gift.

Ruby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruby said...

Oops hit publish before I'd finished... this is just beautiful. What perfect treasured memories and it's fabulous colours too. I'm sure your Mum will love it!

Davi said...

Fabulous Fabulous Helen!! I love to make little pillows and yours are divine!! Im sure your mom loved the pillow and that fun little album with those treasured pics :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hello Helen. Girl these projects are FABulous!! Your mom is going to LOVE this!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving an encouraging comment!

Ren-Yi said...

OH Helen! oh oh oh Helen...my heart just skipped a beat. that scented pillow is just amazing. Is that really ink right onto fabric? how only did you get that crisp bold impression! and then the fabulous card. just when i thought i had seen AMAZ.ing.ness from you, and then there is more - mini albums! So fabulous! i think your mum will be over the moon.... such a great gift for her to treasure!

Vickie Z said...

Helen...WOW! This is wonderful! Love the card, mini album, and heart!!!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Helen-this is awesome! Everything is wonderful, but I am especially in awe of the scented pillow. Just amazing!

Chris L.

Claire Brennan said...

oh wow Helen, yep, I had to come back with a cuppa and take it all in, so many beautiful details!! Super stamping on fabric, and beautifully sewn!! Truly gorgeous set, I have to pin this for future ref, hope that's ok!! hugs,c.

Smriti said...

This is so sweet!! COngratulations on being featured on WMS blog!

Jeanne J said...

Congrats on your WM shout out!!! This post is just stunning - one beauty after another!

Nerina said...

Helen, there is almost too much goodness in this post to properly digest it all! What beautiful projects you've made, I LOVE the sweetness and prettiness that you capture so well. Your shout out was completely and totally well deserved - thank you for the creative feast you shared on the hop!