Tuesday, 21 August 2012

TT#112 It's Hip to be Square...

This week's fun theme is "It's Hip to be Square". We are asking you to use {lots} of Squares on your creations.



Our sponsor this week is "The Stamping Boutique" and I have used their sweet "I love you this much" Cynthia Digital Stamp Image on my card today. Isn't she a cutie!!

I created a kind of square patchwork effect background for this card by cutting small squares of Cosmo Crickets "Tea for Two" DP with my paper trimmer and arranging them onto a white cardbase. I went for papers that had a kind of square design to them.

Untitled

I printed Cynthia twice onto white cardstock and then coloured her using copic markers. I paper-pieced her little dress and gave her a matching headband too.  I also coloured and paperpieced her little wings for lots of dimension and added some diamond dust stickles to really make them sparkle.  

Untitled

Continuing the 'square' theme I cut the main image out using Spellbinders Labels One. The sentiment is computer generated and I used Labels One again to cut a small label.  I used lines of tiny blue pearls to create a square frame around the sentiment - just to pretty it up a little :)

If you would like to join us for the 'Hip to be Square' challenge, all the details can be found here on the Tuesday Throwdown Blog along with all the gorgeous projets from the rest of the TTDT and our lovely Guest Designer, Hazel!

Have a great week!

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

Supplies:
Stamp: I love you this much Cynthia Digital Stamp image - The Stamping Boutique
Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities
Ivory Satin Ribbon - The Ribbon Reel
Other: Blue mini pearls; Copic Markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Tim Holtz/Ranger; white cardstock


12 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous sweet card Helen! What a sweet image, I love her paper pieced dress, a fabulous card!

Kim said...

Beautiful card! Cynthia is adorable. I love her glittery wings and your paper piecing is awesome.

Kim
http://sherrodstudiostamps.blogspot.com

Shannon White said...

So Darling Helen! Love her Pretty paper pieced dress and popped up sparkly wings! Soo Adorable! Super job with square patterns and patchwork BG! Love this Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is enchanting, Helen. Love the patchwork background and the fairy's sparkly wings are adorable. The way you sponged around your die cut really makes this little fairy really pop off the page. Great job.

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

So beautiful. I really love how you have popped up her wings. And that patchwork behind her as the background is totally awesome!

Davi said...

BEAUtiful Helen!! I love the way you cut her out, gives great dimension!!Great patchwork.

crafty-stamper said...

beautiful card love the3-d and paper piecing
carol x

NanaConnie said...

She's such a happy fairy, Helen! Love that patchwork quilt background and the sparkly wings. Great dimension.

Larelyn said...

She is just adorable. I love the paper piecing and the way you added dimension by printed the image twice and folding out the wings. Just fantastic.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Berni Cuttino said...

Sweet, loving the glitter and that background is rockin. Fantastic. Hugs

Hazel said...

Cute image and I love her glittery wings - great use of the CC background squares - super card x

Crafty Moni said...

Your card is so cute and cheerful! I love all the different colored squres. I just love this stamp image, I'm going to have to get:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.