Tuesday, 7 August 2012

TT110 'On the Move' - Happy Birthday

Untitled

Hi, it's Tuesday - hope you're having a great week so far!!

It's time to 'Get Moving' with Tuesday Throwdown!! Our theme is 'On the Move' - break out all your travel/transport themed supplies - animal or mechanical and join us for another fabby challenge!!

We also have some exciting news - we have some new DT members joining us!! They have some wonderful creations for you today, so please stop by and leave them some love!!

BerniCarolChristineJacquelineLarelynTabitha and Wendy!

The DT were all lucky enough to work with some great images this week, courtesy of our sponsor, 



I have used the little bunny image 'S.S. Hoppity' to create a kind of tri-fold/stepper card.  My aim was to make him look as though he is rowing along the bank of the River Thames (I had 'The Wind in The Willlows' book in mind as I was making this card LOL!)

Untitled

I did a little paper piecing on his little shirt and his boat and the rest is coloured using Copic Markers.  I created the background using Basic Grey's 'Out of Print' paper for the grassy river bank and smart tartan background.  The clouds are taken from another 'Robyn's Fetish' image, 'It's a Beary Nice Day'. I simply printed them, ran a copic marker around the edge and embossed using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Untitled

I finished by stamping 'happy birthday' and added some dark green seam binding and natural button twine along the bottom of the card.

I hope you've enjoyed what you've seen today and don't forget that you can see more projects from the rest of the Tuesday Throwdown DT by visiting the challenge blog.

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Aww, this is such a sweet scene Helen! Love the illusion of rowing along the Thames in his jolly boat! Love the sweet clouds, and his paper pieced shirt, such a lovely card!

Tabitha Davis said...

Great job Helen. I love little bunny's. You did a great job designing a card for this. So much going on. I love it:)

Keilly said...

Such a gorgeous card Helen, love the sweet bunny image and how it looks like he's rowing along the river. x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

I just love the scenery that you have made! He's so very cute, your coloring is fantastic and love the paper piercing.

crafty-stamper said...

Love your fantastic stepper card and great effect with the scenery gorgeous image
carol x

ilove2write said...

love the way you made the step as part of a boat.. I may have to try something similar to this one day..thanks for the inspiration and love your coloring! tfs!

Larelyn said...

Oh this is just fantastic. I love the steps - it really makes the perfect scene. The paper piecing and coloring work so well together. Love, love, love it!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute Helen! That little bunny is so darling!

Carla said...

Way too cute! I love everything about this card!

Anonymous said...

Wow!Cute card...

Sarah said...

Amazing card Helen! I love everything about it! Have a great day!

Sarah x

Shannon White said...

Just Fabulous Fabulous Helen!! Love your Darling image and definitely has a Wind in the Willows feel to it for sure! 8-) ( one of my Most favorite books growing up! ) Just a Darling step card my Sweet Teamie! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon