Thursday, 9 August 2012

Seize the day!...CR84FN60 and FTTC181

Untitled

'CR84FN' have a beautiful colour challenge this week to use Grape, Blue and Green and the 'Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge' is a Sketch this time, so I thought I would combine the two and make a card - just for the joy of it!!!




I stamped the image from the Lenten Rose set by Flourishes and coloured using Copics. I used the 'Out of the Box' technique to cut around the flower, then running it through my die cutting machine using Spellbinders Classic Ovals.  The sentiment is from the Flourishes 'Sweet Days of Summer' set.

Untitled

I created the background using Pink Paislee paper to which I've added some cream Vintage Cotton Lace (thanks to my Grandma for this), some green May Arts Silky Crush Ribbon, Grape Pleated ribbon, Ivory button twine and a sweet adhesive pearl gem.

As always, thanks for looking and for leaving sweet comments!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

Supplies:

Stamps: Lenten Rose; Sweet Days of Summer by Flourishes
Spellbinders Classic Ovals Nestabilities
Copic Markers
Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger
Ribbon & Twine - The Ribbon Reel

20 comments:

Kim Duran said...

Ooh I just love that bright purple flower, Helen! So pretty!

Elaine said...

Great take on the sketch Helen and what gorgeous flowers well done Hugs Elaine

Sasha said...

Fabulous card, Helen. I love the Lenten Rose set of stamps...you have coloured yours beautifully!

Berni Cuttino said...

So pretty, beautiful coloring. Thanks for the welcome and sweet luv. Hugs

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous coloring and colors...and I love the lace! :) Thanks for joining us at the FTTC!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Helen! You did amazing job coloring those beautiful flowers and I love the lace banner! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Helen! I love that fab lace banner, and your colouring is just so wonderful, those Lenten roses are beautiful! Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week! ;-)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous coloring of the flowers and the lace is pretty with that paper design!

Allison Cope Israels said...

Just gorgeous Helen! Lovin' the colours. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes this week!

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE your papers and those STUNNING flowers! REALLY LOVE your Grandma's lace! Lucky girl to have that! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Shannon White said...

Wow Helen!! this is just Gorgeous Gorgeous!! Love your Beautifully colored blooms! Such a Fabulous image and Love your take on Miss Heather's sketch too! Nice touch with the Pretty crochet lace fishtail banner too! And I am So glad you could join us at CR84F! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jean Martin said...

Wowzers! Helen this is amazing!!!! Those colored blooms are fantastic!!!! I always appreciate people who have such a talent for coloring. Reminds me that I need to practice on mine! lol! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Helen, those rich purple flowers just grab me by the heartstrings! Beautiful!

julieprice3 said...

I love the colours, what a gorgeous card
Hugs julie P

Michelle said...

Helen, this is drop dead gorgeous! Truly stunning!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is soo beautiful! Amazing coloring and I LOVE your design!
Hugs, Karin

Stella said...

Forigve me for a boring comment but all I can come up with is WOW WOW WOW!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Helen! Love your beautifully colored image and the lace! Just stunning!

Heather Jensen said...

Woohoo! This is stunning! You played along with my 2 favorite challenges. Beautiful job! Thanks for playing at FTTC and CR84FN. :)

Deborah Frings said...

I just love this beautiful flower - so bright and vibrant. The lace ribbon is fab too. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!