Monday, 27 August 2012

PDCC #146 - It's a Special Day!

Hope you had a great weekend everyone! Today is a bank holiday in the UK, so I had a little extra time to make a card to share with you for the current Play Date Cafe 'Color Splash' Challenge



As you can see, it's using the colours Black, White with a splash of Lime.  Totally different to my usual 'go-to' colours and is quite CAS for me but really love how this turned out :-)

and here is my take...

Untitled

I used the Dragonfly stamp and die set from Serendipity Stamps, cutting the outline in lime green cardstock and the delicate floral wings in black.  I used black and white polka dot paper from DCWV 'La Creme' collection for the background, cutting a circle aperture and filling with white and lime green cardstock to make a kind of frame.  The sentiment is from Serendipity stamps and is from their small 'Everyday Words' set.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo black and once dry, used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder to add some texture! I was inspired by the dots on the feathers in the inspiration photo.

and here's a shot of the dimension of that Dragonfly die cut...

Untitled

Untitled

Thanks so much for looking and I really hope that you have a great week!

Hugs,
Helen
x x x



6 comments:

Alicia said...

What a perfectly lovely card. Really! Thanks for sharing your creative mojo with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card...Love your butterfly...

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Helen! Love the way you did the wings. Fantastic use of the colors.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Helen, so striking!

Lynn said...

How pretty! That dragonfly stamp and die set are just so elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

anya said...

Ooh! What a fantastic die! I love seeing your Serendipity creations, Helen! And it is so good to see you playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, too!