Sunday, 26 August 2012

Je t'aime - CR84FN61 and WMSC112

Untitled


Hey everyone,

We woke up to the most beautiful Summers Day here in Oxfordshire after a couple of days of rubbish showers so I was feeling inspired to have a little crafty time!
It's such a gorgeous colour palette over at CR84FN Color Challenge again (they always are if the truth be told) I had to find the time to play along. Aqua, Tan and cream are so beautiful together and just look at this stunning inspiration board...



I didn't need to look very far for sketch inspiration either! The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog  always has fantastic designs to kick start your creativity...and this week the layout is designed by WMS and CR84FN DT member, the lovely Mona herself!! Yay!


and here is my card...

Untitled


I decided to do something a little experimental (well, it is for me anyway!!LOL) - that largest doily is stamped in Acrylic Paint onto kraft cardstock - I quite like it - it's softer, more chalky than any of the inks I have. I cut it out by hand and distressed a little on the edges.

The Prima canvas resist butterflies (a gift from my blog buddy Pauline) were painted with watered down Aqua acrylic paint and spritzed with some turquoise Cosmic Shimmer mist. Love the texture and dimension of these sweet things!  I added a little extra colour to the cream rose by running my paintbrush gently along the edge of each of the petals.

Untitled
I used a band of Vintage cotton lace, wrapped around the cardbase onto which I added some cream twill to which I cut each end into a fishtail shape. The border along the bottom of the lace is created using Spellbinders Moroccan motifs to cut a border from Kraft cardstock.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment 'Je'taime' from Waltzingmouse stamps French Country stamp set in tea-dye distress ink at the bottom.

I hope you like what you have seen today - thanks so much for dropping by and as always, for your sweet comments!

Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - French Country; Dainty Doilies Large
Spellbinders: Persian Accents; Floral Doily Motifs
Prima Canvas Resist Butterflies
Ink: Tea Dye Distress Ink - Tim Holtz
Cardstock: Kraft - Bazill; Papers - Echo Park
Vintage Cotton Lace - from my stash
Rose, button twine, Cream Chevron Ribbon - The Ribbon Reel

29 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Helen - this is absolutely stunning - a brilliant combination of challenges! Love the shabby chic feel, the pretty vintage lace, the deeply embossed trim and fabulous doily and butterfly. Love it! Thanks so much for joining in with CR84FN this week!

Michelle said...

Wowzers!!! Helen, this is jaw dropping gorgeous! Love that lace and die cut border!!!

Pauline said...

What a stunning card Helen! I love the acrylic on kraft doily, ans the butterflies are beautiful, so glad you like them!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week ;-)

Olga Smit said...

GORGEOUS !!!!

Sasha said...

Beautiful, Helen! I love how you worked those colours! The focal point of your card is stunning!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my Helen! This card is gorgeous! I love the beautiful doily and the mixed media butterfly! Such a stunning keepsake! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Helen - this is so beautiful. Stunning colors and lovely texture. Well done! We really appreciate your continued support of the WMS Sketch Challenge. =)

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness is this Ever GORGEOUS!! Wow Helen! I LOVE this! Super idea to use the acrylic paint on your doily! Super effect! And love the Big lacy border and crochet lace! your canvas resist butterflies are Fabulous too! Just Love Every Beautiful detail! 8-) So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Teresa Kline said...

such a gorgeous card, luvin all the lace and the shabby look, sooooo sweeeeet....hope you have a fabby week!

enjoy *~*

Davi said...

GORgeous Helen!!! I love the vintage romantic look :)

NanaConnie said...

Breathtaking, Helen! Love the way you colored the rose. I've been doing that with markers so I can get a color match to my colored images. This one is spectacular. I hadn't tried a paint brush but I will now. :-D Thanks for the inspiration.

Kim said...

Just so classy and elegant...your lace background, so stunning and beautiful and I am swooning over you butterfly/rose, what a wonderful addition to your beautiful card.

Renee said...

Helen this is simply stunning!
Love the antiqued look...
and that doily is incredible...
but you had me with the lace! :)
A gorgeous take on the sketch this week!

Katy said...

Beautiful! xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow, Helen, this is stunning! LOVE the vintage appeal and your and all your yummy, textural layers!

Jeanne J said...

Stunning Helen! Your experiment paid off big time - love the acrylic stamping and the distressing. Your card reminds me of the ocean somehow. Maybe that pretty seafoam color or the neutrals. Your details are so spot on as always - just gorgeous!

Carla said...

WOW. Helen, this is just great!!!! Very nice colors together. Love from Holland.

Kelly S. said...

You never cease to amaze me, Helen! What a glorious card! The layering is fantastic! Such gorgeous elements from the butterfly, to the stamped doily, to that amazing die cut border along the bottom...it really does look like lace! WOW!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is a beauty, Helen! I love your take on the sketch as well as that gorgeous color combo! That border is amazing and I love the way you used that doily!

Heather Jensen said...

This is one vintage looking beauty! Thanks for playing along at CR84FN. :)

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the white embossing, ribbon, border die...ohh just everything!!!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous, Helen! Love it!

Jean Martin said...

Helen this is AMAZING! It's shabby chic perfection! Thanks for joining us this week at WMSC! :)

Savitri said...

Ahhh... you ALWAYS make gorgeous cards! No exception here. STUNNING!

Lenet said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!Tanks for joining us at wmsc

suezie said...

Helen another stunning card, such beautiful colours and you make me wish I had a butterfly die! Congrats on getting picked too. Hugs

Jeanne J said...

Congrats on your win at WMSC - seriously stunning!

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations on your wins! This card is stunning!

Ren-Yi said...

oh my Helen. what a beauty. I love that die cut trim... it's so beautiful! and the butterfly and the colors on it, is to die for! What stellar creations, my friend!