Thursday, 2 August 2012

Guest Designing for DYSU Challenge 83

Hi everyone,

It's Thursday, it's DYSU83!!

 I could not be more delighted to be a Guest Design Team member over at the "Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog"! Yay!!! The theme for Challenge no. 83 is "Polka Dots" and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to work with a sweet digital stamp image called "Chelsea and Mario's Big Treat" by "Broken Box Stock".


and here is my card...

DYSU#33 GD

This is image was perfect for a birthday card I needed for my friend's 9 year old daughter.  I simply printed the image at a size of my liking, die cut using Spellbinders Labels Eight and then coloured the image using Copic Markers, adding some sweet pink (polka dot) gems to the top of the cupcake.  I used some sweet polka dot paper by Echo Park for the background and used some beautiful Lilac floral cotton lace and cream seam binding, topped off with a lilac polka dot button from The Ribbon Reel.  I also used my Fiskars scalloped lace border punch to create a lilac dotty cardstock border that sits underneath the ribbon and lace.  The gorgeous little PTI tag is a die cut, gifted to me by the lovely Pauline :) onto which I stamped a little "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

DYSU#83 detail

I hope you will be able to join us for the DYSU Polka Dot Challenge - there are some lovely prizes to be won! Can't wait to see what you create!

Hugs,

Helen
x x x



6 comments:

Pauline said...

This is perfect for a 9 year old! Love the sweet polka dot paper, and the gems on the cupcake. Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer this week xx

Denise and Louise said...

Love your pretty card. Such a cute image and those little pink gems looks great.
Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this week at DYSU.
Hugs
Denise xx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Helen, This is so sweet (pun intended!) Love all the pink gems on the cupcake. Very clever!

Conniecrafter said...

awww, very cute image and darling tag

Ren-Yi said...

hi Helen -
it's always fun to have you GDT along with us! Your card is absolutely magical and cute!

JOAN said...

Super cute Helen!! Love all the details and colors. Thanks for being our guest designer this week at DYSU. Hugs, Joan