Tuesday, 17 July 2012

TT107 Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - It's Clear....


Hey everyone. Welcome to another Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.  This one's a goodie!! The challenge is to use a 'Clear Element' of some sort on your creation.  I decided on acetate as my clear element and I used an image called 'Surfer Lenny' by our sponsor for this week, 'Inked Treasures'. Ashley gave us some fun images to use!



' I decided to create a Shaker Card using acetate from some stamp packaging which holds my image and some blue bugle beads and gems.

TT107 Clear Element



I used the largest Spellbinders Labels One Die and Spellbinders Classic Circles to cut a frame from Teal cardstock. The acetate is also cut using Labels One die and adhered to the back of the cardstock. I then used foam tape cut into thin strips and shaped into a circle to build up a barrier to contain all those little beads. Surfer Lenny is coloured using Copic Markers and then fussy cut and adhered onto some Making Memories 'Just Chillin' Boy paper. After adding my beads, I carefully placed the Lion and his backing paper into place.

TT107 image

I stamped a little flag onto more of the same paper and attached to a plain old cocktail stick wrapped with some blue bakers twine.  The card is finished with some blue striped natural twill ribbon, simply knotted along the top.

Before I go, I found a great tutorial on how use acetate to make shaker cards - click here if you would like to see it.  I have to say that it's a little addictive making these and my sons were desperate to get their hands on this card and have a go at shaking it!! It's also a great way of using up any unwanted plastic packaging too LOL :)

Don't forget to check out the Tuesday Throwdown blog for more amazing design work from my teamies and for full details of this challenge.

I look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations!

Supplies:
Surfer Lenny Digital image - Inked Treasures
Flag and sentiment stamp: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Bahama Blue Memento
Making Memories Just Chillin Boy 6x6 Paper Pad
Teal Cardstock: Stampin Up!
Twill Ribbon, Blue Bakers Twine - The Ribbon Reel

3 comments:

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Helen! This is a DARLING shaker card!! 8-) So funny we both thought of making shaker cards and the same tutorial too! LOL Love it! Hee Hee! 8-) Yep, great minds think alike! 8-) Your Card is Soo CUTE!! Love your Wonderfully colored Lenny! and the Fun bugle beads! I can Soo See your boys having fun with this one for sure! Just Adorable my friend!

Big Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

This is brilliant Helen! I love this fab interactive card, and the cool surfer dude! Such a fun creation, and your colouring is gorgeous!

Stella said...

Did you know that the lion has a prominent place on the shield of the Dutch Royal Family which is also called the House of Orange? You just nailed something Royal and I love it!
XX