Tuesday, 3 July 2012

TT105 Robyn's Rose

tt105 rose detail

Welcome to another Tuesday and another fresh challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. This week we have an 'Anything Goes' theme, but as tomorrow heralds the 4th July Celebrations is the USA I felt it would be nice to use the colours Red, White and Blue.  

TT105

I used a lovely 'Rose' image from our sponsor this week 'Robyn's Fetish - Digital Stamps and more'



 I decided to paper piece the bloom of the 'Rose image' by printing several times on some pretty muted blue DP, fussy cutting and then arranging the petals in a kind of decoupaged style using foam dimensionals.  I also used my glue pen to go in and add a little sparkle on the edge of the petals.  The stem and leaves are simply coloured using Copics. For the layout of this card I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch 248 and cut panels of Christy Tomlinson's She Art Paper by Pink Paislee and added some Prima Lace along the second panel and some gorgeous red striped twill ribbon.  The little tiny label says 'love you' and is from my super lovely friend Pauline, who sent me some heavenly crafty goodies for my birthday last week.

tt105 side

I do hope you'll have time to play along with our challenge this week.  Don't forget you will find a whole ton of inspiration from the other TTDT ladies by visting the Tuesday Throwdown Blog. 

Here's a look at that pretty Mojo Monday sketch I followed too:


I'm also entering Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week - Use a Digi Image.

As always, thanks for visiting!! Enjoy your crafting this week, whatever you are doing.

Hugs,

Helen
x x x

Supplies:

Rose Digital Stamp Image: Robyn's Fetish
Patterned Papers: Pink Paislee She Art by Christy Tomlinson
Kraft Cardstock: Bazzill
Red Stripe Twill, Prima Lace, Red Dotty Button, Blue Bakers Twine: The Ribbon Reel


6 comments:

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Soo Pretty Helen!! 8-) Such a Lovely layered Rose! Love the touch of sparkle and your Wonderful take on the Mojo sketch!Beautiful dp's too Love the red white and blue! Just Fabulous my friend!8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Beautifully paper pieced Helen, I love the striped twill, and the fab layering of the rose!Love the touch of the alencon lace too. So glad you like your Tiny tags, I can't stop using them myself!

Sophie LaFontaine said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the rose!!

Laine said...

What a fabulous rose and card. I love all of the details and the papers you have used.
Thank you for joining us at Totally Paper Crafts this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Jeanne J said...

Helen, this is so clever. Love the stamped image with the dimensional flower - and that sugar coating of glitter!!! Your colors are beautiful - just gorgeous (I hope you never get tired of hearing that!!) Hugs!

Elaine said...

Helen this is fabulous, your papers are gorgeous and the ribbon is super but that ROSE wow its a stunner I LOVE IT well done Hugs Elaine