Monday, 23 July 2012

TRR33 Button It!


It's time for another challenge at The Ribbon Reel. This week, lovely Pauline challenges us to use BUTTONS on your creation with RIBBON and TWINE.

I have used a digital stamp image from 'MyGrafico' to create a little glass jar in which to hold all my gorgeous Ribbon Reel Buttons!

TRR#33

I printed the jar image to a size of my liking and then ran it through my die cutting machine using Spellbinders Labels One. I then cut out the inside part of the jar and adhered some acetate onto the back of it to look like glass. I arranged all the buttons from The Ribbon Reel randomly onto a separate piece of cardstock using glue dots and then used foam adhesive to attach the jar on top of the buttons.  The fabric top/lid is paper pieced and tied with Pink Button Twine and a small Ivory Pearl Heart and the background is created using 'Tea For Two' papers by Cosmo Cricket and finished with some stunning May Arts Silk Ribbon in Champagne - all available to buy here from The Ribbon Reel.

TRR33 Jar

Here's a close-up of that lovely sentiment and another view of all those beautiful buttons!

TRR33 Sentiment

Have a great Monday and don't forget that you can find all the details of the buttons challenge on The Ribbon Reel Blog and also see what my wonderfully talented teamies have come up with this week too!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Helen, I love the jar of buttons you have created! Those prety papers match them perfectly!

Jeanne J said...

Can I pull a Kelly here? EEEEEEEeeeek!! OMG this is too cute for words Helen! Love the window with the colorful buttons peeking through!!! Brilliant!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute project Helen! Love the jar of buttons and the embossed cherries!

Michelle said...

OMG!!! Helen, this card is fabulous! I love your jar full of buttons and the pretty gingham cloth! Utter perfection!I have really enjoyed my time 'designing' with you lovely ladies!

Keilly said...

I just LOVE this card and am so going to CASE it soon! Such a clever use of the buttons. Off to do some shopping!! x

Kathi said...

Hi Helen,
I just love your card and what you did with the buttons.
I need a birthday card including buttons and
I hope it's okay, if I CASE your idea.
Thank you in advance.
xx Kathi