Monday, 9 July 2012

The Ribbon Reel #32 Sweet Sparkle

Good Morning!

It's Monday, and that means it's another new challenge over at The Ribbon Reel blog.

This week, the inspiration has been chosen by the lovely Fran, and she would like us to use the colours in the picture, and to use 'sparkle' and add a 'Heart', lace and ribbon.


I used a large houndstooth design from the Heirloom patterns stamp set by Waltzingmouse to stamp the label and bottom panel using Aqua ink.

I added a beautiful Serendipity heart die to cut that intricate pink heart and then added a sprinkle of glitter for the sparkle element of the challenge. I used a pretty butterfly die cut shape and edged its wings with more sparkle, adding a beautiful pink tea rose - available from The Ribbon Reel shop!

I used some guipure lace drops at the very top of the middle textured panel and threaded light blue ruffled edge ribbon and pink loopy trim (from The Ribbon Reel) through the top of the tag.
I also used some of the amazing candy cane pink/white striped grosgrain ribbon - all tied up in a pretty bow to finish off the aqua stamped panel.

Don't forget to stop by the rest of the design team and also welcome our Guest Designer - Michelle Bala, for some more beautiful inspiration.

I also used a Waltzingmouse sketch this week for the layout of my card - here it is:

Thanks for stopping by!

Helen x

Supplies:
Ribbon, lace, trim, flower and adhesive pearl - all available at The Ribbon Reel store
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Heirloom Patterns, Fancy Phrases
Cardstock: Aqua mist by PTI, Pink by SU!
Sizzix plaid embossing folder

18 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen! I love the sketch, and the wonderful embossing. And the glittered heart topped with the butterfly makes a beautiful focal point! I love it!

Carla said...

WOW, great!!!!! Sweet soft colors too! Love from Holland.

Kim said...

Wow, your cards are always so classy and elegant...this reminds me of a little tea party and that heart, just so sweet.

Vickie Z said...

The herringbone in aqua looks fabulous! Heart is gorgeous! Love all the extras....ribbon, flower, lace!! wonderful card!

Stella said...

Your take on both challenges is spot on. The tag topped off with that gorgeous heart is my favorite part. So lovely!

Renee said...

Helen, beautiful as always!!
The flowers, the lace...
that gorgeous glittery heart!!
So perfect with the large houndstooth...
love it! :)

Jeanne J said...

WOW WOW WOW! Another stunner Helen! I think I'm drooling! SO many fab details I keep scrolling up and down! Jut gorgeous! Love the houndstooth in the soft aqua and all the yummy trims! You always amaze me!! Hugs!!

sooofullofcraft said...

I love this card!! Such dimension and technique. WOW

Mary Dew Lee said...

Beautiful card!

Karen M said...

Totally gorgeous card, Helen. Absolutely beautiful, the colours, the ribbon, the tag, everything! Kx

Kelly S. said...

SO pretty, Helen! I love the shades of pink and blue on this, and that sparkly heart is to die for! So beautiful and intricate. Loving all the lacy elements, too!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow! Just gorgeous, Helen! Love the colors and all the beautiful details!

Sarah said...

Love all your embellishments and it is so beautifully put together.

Jean Martin said...

Helen this is breathtaking! It reminds me of a tea party! :) I agree, your embellishments are perfect!!! Thank you for playing with us at WMSC this week. I hope to see you again next week! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So gorgeous, soft and intricate. Lovely card, Helen :) Thanks for joining us for a Waltzingmouse sketch this week! xxx

Edna Morrisedie said...

Just gorgeous, fab use of the stamps to add layers and textures, great embellishing too.... thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with all the lace and ribbons Helen! Great color combo!

Kim Duran said...

Who is the one person make lace trim and houndstooth pattern look so gorgeous together? Helen, that's who! I would have never thought of pairing up such a masculine pattern with such feminine trims, but wow! You really make it look amazing together. I love the color combination, that heart in the center, and all your pretty embellishments. Another stunning card! So glad you could join us again at Waltzingmouse!