Tuesday, 17 July 2012

July 2012 Waltzingmouse Blog Party




I have been busting to join in all the fun over on the Waltzingmouse stamps monthly Blog Party so decided earlier today to bite the bullet and go for it!!   This months theme for the blog party is 'The Great Outdoors'.  


Untitled
My mind wandered to thoughts of summer picnics and walks with my boys and our puppy. We have seen so many beautiful butterflies at the Country Park where we walk this year that I decided to ink up the gorgeous butterfly image from 'Nordic Spring'. I used one of Claire's wonderful *FREE TEMPLATES* available from the 'Freebies' section of the Waltzingmouse Stamps store. This one is called 'sweetie pouch'.

Untitled

I used some of the sweet little flowers from WMS 'French Country' to stamp all over the template in versamark ink and then heat embossed them using white embossing powder. Then I went in with Copic markers and gave them some colour. I also lined the inside of the pouch with some gingham patterned paper from MME before assembling the template. 
The template itself is incredibly easy to assemble and holds a surprising amount. I've filled mine with sweets as an end of year teacher gift, but you could easily pop in a few little travel size toiletries or even a slice of yummy cake (lovely to take away from a summer picnic/event) - how great would these be set out as favours on each table at a summer wedding.

Untitled

I used mini Pom-Pom trim to finish the top edge and pearl lace trim along the very bottom. 

Untitled


The Nordic Spring butterfly is stamped onto Kraft cardstock using versamark ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder. I then added colour to the wings with Copic markers and then used some diamond dust sticklers for extra sparkle! All finished off with a beautiful mocha rose from The Ribbon Reel.

Can't wait to see what everyone has made! Come join in the fun - you have until 17th July, 6:30pm UK time (see the Waltzingmouse Blog for full details and a list of international timings. 


Enjoy the party everyone!

Supplies:

Waltzingmouse stamps: Nordic Spring, French Country, Free Sweetie Pouch Template
Mini Pom Pom trim, cream faux silk ribbon, lace pearl trim, Mocha Rose - The Ribbon Reel
Ink: Versamark, Copic Markers
Gingham Paper - My Minds Eye
White embossing powder - Stampin' Up!

24 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, this is so pretty Helen! I love that butterfly and the little treat pouch is just adorable. Love the stamping and the beautiful embossing. Great job.

Kelly S. said...

Oh my this is SO STUNNING, Helen! I just love the sweetie pouch, and this design took it to a whole new level of greatness! The embossing with the Copic coloring is beautiful...makes it look like fabric! Love the gingham inside and the lovely pom pom and lace trims. That Nordic Butterfly has never looked better with it's sparkly wings and rosy center! AMAZING!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, the rose and butterfly are stunningly beautiful
Lindsay xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh my Helen - I love everything about your pretty basket - the colors, the paper lining, the stampings, your gorgeous butterfly and your pom pom trimmings! What a lovely gift holder idea!

Marlena M. said...

This is amazing! I LOVE the butterfly in the front of this gorgeous 3D project.

Joyce said...

This is so gorgeous. And, filled with sweetness.

Pauline said...

Simply adorable Helen! I love this little pouch, and the sweet little floral stamping, and oh that Pom Pom trim is on my wish list, I love it! Your sons teachers will be delighted with this, let alone the sweet treats inside!

Carla said...

this is amazing.......! Everything is right and that butterfly! Love it very much. Thanks for the inspiration. Love from Holland.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such a fantastic project, and so beautifully embellished. Love that butterfly! Amazing job, and I'm so happy you could play along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!

Claire said...

Wow, this is fantastic Helen - and how right you are. They'd look amazing as wedding favours...wish I'd seen this 8 years ago!

Vickie Z said...

Love it! I haven't seen this template but, I shy away since I don't have a cutting machine....must be a Xmas present! Love the French country images on the basket, gingham liner is perfect, as the pom poms are! That butterfly is gorgeous too! Wonderful ideas for using it!

Jeanne J said...

Hi Helen! What a beauty - love love love all the close up photos - my mouth is hanging open looking at them!! The detail on the favor you made is AMAZING - the embossing, the trim, you even lined the inside!!! So pretty it would have to sit on a shelf to be admired for so long that the candy would get old! I can't imagine the hours put into this, but so well worth it!!

Asha said...

I'm going through a box-craze right now. Your timing is just perfect, Helen! The project is gorgeous. Love the details and the clean finish. Can't take my eyes off that butterfly!

Sarah said...

So elegant and definitely summery. Love the butterfly too.

Antje said...

Love the mini pomps and the sparkeling butterfly!

Stella said...

OMG Helen; I see a winner...my jaw hit the floor. Breathtaking!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful. I really like the flowers on the outside of the sweetie pouch and that butterfly is stunning!

Renee said...

I'm going to echo Deborah...
WOW!!
Helen this is stunning!!
Such gorgeous detail...
and the stamping on the outside...
perfection!!
Just incredibly gorgeous, Helen! :)

Kim said...

Simply beautiful...your butterfly looks like it has been hand stitched, not a stamp.

Claire Brennan said...

Helen, this is so, so pretty, I love the colours and how you lined it!! and those wee pom poms just tickle!!! gorgeous creation!! and thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Marybeth said...

Oh wow this is just beautiful! Love all the pretty details and the large butterfly on the front.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Helen! Way to showcase those WM stamps! Love all the embossing and glittery goodness!

anya said...

So beautiful, Helen, you always do such an amazing job! I love the details on your little sweetie pouch, the embossing and glitter is fantastic! So glad to see you join us for the WMS blog party - hope you're having a great summer!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful treat box, love the stamping & colours :)