Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Hot Colours - TT106

TT106 BUTTERFLY

Hi, I hope you're having a great week so far. Todays challenge at "Tuesday Throwdown" is Hot Colours. Our sponsor is *The Crop Stop.* and they have lots of stamps and crafty goodies available in their online store, Be sure to stop by and check them out!  They have also put together a very generous prize package for One lucky winner, so that's a great reason to join us in our 'Hot Colours' challenge this week. 
Unfortunately, there isn't much of a heatwave here in the UK, so some hot, tropical colours were definitely in order for my card.

tt106


I chose SNSS's 'Everyday Miracles' Digital Stamp Set for my card today. I sponged some Memento Rose Bud ink around the sentiment and coloured one of the butterflies from the set with pink Copic Markers.  I thought the vibrant pinks/yellow/greens in Pink Paislee's Spring Jubilee looked wonderful for this challenge, so I cut 4 strips and created the background.  

TT106 LABEL

I used this week's sketch SSS166  over at the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog as inspiration for my card layout. I used a butterfly instead of the little text box and took a little liberty by moving the butterfly's position upwards.



We would love you to come along and join us for this week's challenge.  Also note that Tuesday Throwdown is having a DT call which will end on July 29, and we'd love to see you apply.  All the details on that can be found on the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge blog, and you can see all the inspiration from the rest of the team for this week's challenge.

Supplies:
Everyday Miracles Digital Stamp Set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Papers: Pink Paislee - Spring Jubilee 6x6 patterned papers
Cardstock: Kraft by Bazill; Pink by SU!
Ink: Memento Rose Bud
Pink Ribbon: The Ribbon Reel
Spellbinders: Floral Doily Motifs; Labels Two


6 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen, I love the stripy sheer ribbon, (just used that myself yesterday!) and the wonderful sentiment. Your paper strips are gorgeous too, so pretty! A gorgeous card!

Cathymac said...

Love your hot colors with the kraft and the layering on the sentiment panel! Pretty papers, butterfly, ribbon, and pearls combine to make such a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week, Helen!

Stella said...

Bright and beautiful. Yes we could use some sunshine over here too.
This is the kind of card that makes you smile on a rainy day:)

Davi said...

Wow Helen this is really beautiful!! I love every little detail!! Hope you are feeling better today :)

Shannon White said...

Wowie Helen! this is just Gorgeous!! Love how you incorporated the Hot colors and the SWeet Stop sketch! and Your Popped up Butterfly is just Fabulous! I'm with Miss Davi, I'm Loving every detail too! Hope you are feeling better my Sweet teamie! 8-) And so glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Helen. That dimensional butterfly is lovely. Pretty colors and embellishments. Love the decorative circle. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.