Tuesday, 19 June 2012

TT103 MyGrafico Tri-fold Window Card

TT103 Window Card

Hello, Good Morning!

Today I'm sharing a Window Card I have made for this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.  
As one of the DT I was lucky enough to be able to use this sweet bee image from the 'Woodland Animal Digital Stamp Set' available from our sponsor 'MyGrafico' to make a tri-fold window card.  I started by copying the image and flipping it so that I have two little bees who are almost kissing!! This is really a little love note, but could just as easily work for an Anniversary or Engagement card. The image is coloured using my copics and I have added some shine to the wings by applying some Glossy Accents by Ranger.

TT103 view 2

For the cardbase, I cut a piece of cardstock to 4"x12" and scored at 4inches and 8 inches on my Scor Pal.  I then used my Spellbinders Labels One to cut windows into the two outer flaps.  I dry embossed a plaid pattern onto the front side of the card and covered the next window layer in patterned paper.  

TT103 Inside view

The coloured image was cut using Labels One die and then mounted onto the very inside of the card (which also happens to be the middle section of the scored cardstock). I had already covered the middle section with more patterned paper.  I also made a little flower for the front using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die.

I do hope you find the time to play along with us this week at Tuesday Throwdown. There are so many  ways to get creative with Window Cards, so come and join in the fun and upload your card on the TT blog or online gallery using the TT103 reference.  Don't forget to pay the other DT ladies a visit to see the wonderful window cards they have made to inspire you!!!

Have a great week.

Helen
x x x




5 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful. This Bee likes the Bees on your card. Thanks for sharing how to make the window card. I'm going to give it a try.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest Designer Tuesday Throwdown

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Helen, this is so creative! Love that you reversed one of the bees. Love the flowery dp.

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness this is So Adorably Clever Helen!! Love it! Wow! not just a Darling window card but a tri-fold window card too! Love the glossy accents on the Sweet Bees wings and the Fab dp's you chose too1 Just Love the whole thing my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Adorable tri-fold card Helen! Love the little bumble bees and fun patterned paper!

Pauline said...

Just adorable Helen, I love the fun fold card!