Tuesday, 12 June 2012

TT102 'Critter Crazy' with Heart Song Designs

Good morning dear crafty people!

It's Tuesday and that means it's time for a brand new 'Tuesday Throwdown Challenge'. This week the team are being sponsored by 'Heart Song Designs' who are supporting us in our 'CRITTER CRAZY' theme!!


I have used the sweet little 'Owl on Branch' image on my card today.  I simply printed him twice onto cream cardstock, coloured and then cut out Mr Owl and popped him up using foam adhesive to give him a little dimension.  

TT102 Crazy Critters

I used oval nestabilities to create a frame for him using some woodgrain effect patterned paper.  The background is created from panels of co-ordinating MME patterned paper and green cardstock and finished with some lovely dark brown twine and prima pearls.

tt102 owl image

I used a fabulous sketch for the layout of this card - it's SSS162 from the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog. I simply flipped the sketch on it's side. I love this sketch and can see myself using it over and over!


Click here to visit the Tuesday Throwdown blog and take a peek at what the other DT ladies have created for your inspiration - you won't be disappointed!  Hope you can join us - look forward to seeing you there!

Big Hugs,

Helen
x x x

13 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Thanks for the comment on my Guest Designer Animal themed Kitty Get Well Card. I like your Owl on branch. My daughter likes Owls. Wished that I had been given the Owl image as well to use, perhaps I could have made a card for my daughter with it. Also, I cked the Tuesday Throwdown site and do not see the blog post for today 6/12 as of 6:25am CT.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Helen, such a sweet little owl, and that woodgrain paper is the perfect backdrop for this sweet image!

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, such fantastic papers, Helen! Great coloring on the owl -- love all the little spots. The twine and dark pearls are the perfect embellishments, too.

JJ Bolton said...

So cute Helen! I love the background papers you chose! And the woodgrain frame is just perfect!

Davi said...

Love love this one Helen!! What a perfect fabulous combo of dps to go with the cutie owl~ It is such a happy card, makes me smile!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a hoot Helen! Love the little owl!

Yolanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yolanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yolanda said...

That is completely darling! The paper choices are excellent and the graduated brads are a great touch.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, darling owl!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Helen. Love the sweet owl image... great coloring too. The pearls and twine look so pretty. Thank you for playing with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Shannon White said...

So Adorable Helen! Love that you combined TT with the Sweet Stop Sketch! 8-) Yay! 8-) Love your Super coloring on this Adorable Owl and Perfect dp's too! Love it!

Hugs
Shannon

Cathymac said...

What an adorable little hooter, Helen! Love the DP papers, especially the wood grain behind the owl...how perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!