Monday, 25 June 2012

TRR#31 "Lets Have Tea"

Happy Monday Crafters!






Are you ready for another Ribbon Reel Challenge? Yay! Here we go....this week we have a beautiful tea themed inspiration picture to really get your creativity going. 'LET'S HAVE TEA' - create a card/project inspired by the COLORS in the photo USING a 'TEA ELEMENT', FLOWERS plus LACE or RIBBON.  You can find FULL details of this fortnights challenge by visiting The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog where you will also be able to see all the wonderful projects by the rest of DT!


I wanted to make something 'just for me' this time as its my birthday today and to celebrate my love of TEA!!


TRR31


I cut some chipboard using my cuttlebug and the largest rectangular shape from the Spellbinders Labels Eight nesties. I took some aqua tissue paper and stamped lots of random words from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Afternoon Tea Sentiments" stamp set and a couple of labels from PTI's "Tea for Two" set using Stazon ink to create a custom background paper.


Untitled


I brushed on some Mod Podge glue to cover the chipboard with my custom tissue paper. Love the texture this gives. When dry, I used a brayer to go in and randomly add some lilac coloured acrylic paint.


Untitled


I put my wallhanging base to one side and I stamped my little heart out! I created the tea-cup and the banners with the words by stamping onto patterned papers.  I added some extra shading to the tea-cup and the all important tea inside using my Copic markers. Then I really went to town using all the gorgeous ribbons and trims from The Ribbon Reel. 


trr31 teacup


I used some pink grosgrain, turquoise sheer ruffle edge ribbon, white paper raffia, twine and a cute polka dot button behind the tea-cup and doily.


trr31 words


I used ivory and rosy baby pink tea roses and a sweet light lilac cherry blossom with some blue and purple polka dot buttons to highlight the banners and words. I finished the bottom of the wall-hanging with some beautiful guipure lace and lastly threaded some more gorgeous turquoise ruffled ribbon through the top.


I always find sketches a fab way to get me thinking about where I'm going to place certain elements and this week I've used the great sketch over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog (WMSC103). It's certainly a long time since I've played along and I'm really delighted to do so!! ;)


Here's the sketch:




Well, enjoy your week whatever you are up to.  I hope you like what you have seen and thanks very much for looking!

Hugs,

Helen
x x x x


20 comments:

Pauline said...

Happy happy birthday dear Helen! What a fabulous wall hanging, I love your custom made paper, and the fab stamping and papers! Have a wonderful day, hope you get spoilt rotten by all your boys! All the best people have a June birthday ;-) xxx

Carla said...

WOW great!!!!! very nice colors too! Love from Holland.

Anne-Elise said...

I wish you a very happy birthday, Helen! Your wallhanging is very beautiful!! Love the background you made, what a great technique!

Stella said...

QWishing you a very happy birthday; enjoy and have fun. And of course; spoilt with presents and cake :)
Your wall hanging is amazing!
XX

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous card, great take on the sketch!

enjoy *~*

Jeanne J said...

Oh how awesome is this!???!!! You are back in your element my friend! Absolutely love the paper you created (thanks for showing me how!) and all the layers of goodies on here - the flowers, buttons, lace ..... drooooooolllllll!!!! So yummy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Shannon White said...

Wow! Helen this is Gorgeous!! Love your Fabulous wall hanging! Super custom tissue and mod podge base! It turned out Fantastic! Thanks for the how to's ! Love your Darling tea cup and all the Sweet layers and Yummy embellies too! Just Beautiful! Hope your Birthday was as Fantastic as you are my Sweet Teamie! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Kelly S. said...

Happy Birthday, Helen! You made yourself the perfect gift, this is SO cool! I just love your distressed background paper with the sentiments. The little banners are awesome, too, with the sweet embellishments tucked in the tabs. And OHHH the colors! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Julia Aston said...

So so cute Helen!! love this little tea hanging - wonderful colors and stampings - and a BIG happy b'day to you!!

Kim said...

Wow...so much work and it really is a piece of art. Very clever and so amazing.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Deb! What a gorgeous mixed media project! Love all the detail! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous stamping and use of the sketch, lovely to see such a busy little creation that still looks well balance, well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Vickie Z said...

Love your hanging and stamping on vellum.....I need to get busy! Fabulous stamps and love the flags!

Deborah Frings said...

Belated birthday wishes - I hope you had a super day. I really like the colours, layers and pretty patterns on your tea hanging! It's just gorgeous!

Renee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
And what a gorgeous gift!!
Love that background you created...
so shabby chic with the colors and texture!
And a fabulous take on the sketch too!
Love everything about this Helen! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally gorgeous, shabby creation! Love it to bits! Thank you for joining us for a Waltzingmouse sketch this week :)

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow Helen! I love the technique you used! What a great project for this sketch. And so beautifully shabby chic! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week! :)

Kim Duran said...

Helen, this is such a wonderful project. I love the textured technique you added to this piece of artwork. Great idea! And just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Jeanne J said...

YEAHHHHHH!!! Knew this one was a winner - great style and technique - congrats my sweet friend on TOP MOUSE!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!