Monday, 11 June 2012

TRR30 - 'Strawberries and Cream'

Hello and a very warm welcome to you this Monday morning!



It's time for another fabulous Ribbon Reel Challenge and we have another inspirational (yummy looking) picture to kickstart your creativity this fortnight.  The lovely Keilly, owner of The Ribbon Reel (and all round super-crafty lady) is asking us to create a card/project inspired by the COLOURS in the photo plus LACE or RIBBON.

trr30

I used Cosmo Crickets Tea for Two papers and Chipboard pieces on my card - both of which Keilly now has available in The Ribbon Reel store.  
I was inspired by the panel pieces of the Freshly Made Sketches card layout this week, so I took three different patterned papers from the 6x6 mini pad, cut them to size, zig-zag stitched around them and then added some Pink Faux Silk Ribbon and Prima Alencon lace - both from the Ribbon Reel.  I absolutely ADORE that lace - it looks just like a little lace doily tablecloth underneath the tea set.

securedownload-2

I had so much fun with these sweet chipboard elements - I don't think I use them nearly enough on cards.  The little cup and saucer and cream jug are just adorable and the perfect size for cards - but having said that they would make a beautiful little cluster on any scrapbook page or album too!!

securedownload-1

I created a little banner from cream cardstock, sponged the edges with a little Antique Linen Distress ink and then stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink's 'Tea for Two' set in rose red ink.  

Find all the information you need about The Ribbon Reel Challenge and all the gorgeous creations by the TRR DT by visiting The Ribbon Reel Blog. Hope you'll come and play!

As I mentioned earlier, I used the layout from the
so here is that sketch (FMS38)...


Have a great Monday!

Hugs,

Helen 
x x x

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Simply gorgeous Helen, I love the arrangement of those lovely chip boards, like you I don't use them very much, but they make such a lovely focal point! And the lace does look like a lacy table cloth too!

Linda Callahan said...

Just gorgeous! Makes me want to come right over and join you for a cuppa!

cbuswell said...

This is SO pretty, such a fabulous arrangement! I love it!

Jen Sannes said...

This card is just YUMMY! I love everything about it - especially all of your embellishments (the lace is my favorite). Wonderful job with this week's sketch.

Jen said...

So pretty. I love the colors, the stitching, and all that gorgeous texture! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

This is a beautiful card Helen, I love the warm rich colours and the arrangement of the chipboard items. Just s beautiful creation all the way through! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Helen! I love the colors used and had to make a card for the first time here!

Keilly said...

Stunning card Helen, I agree the lace does look like a doily under the tea set x

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, great papers, lace and flowers!

Jeanne J said...

Hi Helen! Sorry I'm late - summer is keeping me hopping. I love how the red just pops off this card! The chipboard accents are perfect and I love that intricate lace. You pieced everything together beautifully!