Thursday, 14 June 2012

Guest Designing for DYSU#76 - 'For a Man or Boy'

Hello and Good Morning!



I was delighted when Ren-Yi and the team asked me to be a Guest Designer over at the 'Do You Stack Up?! Challenge Blog. Each Thursday brings a new fabulous Challenge and sponsor and this week it's to create a card or project 'FOR A MAN OR BOY' - perfect for Fathers Day on Sunday! 



I was privileged to be able to use some wonderful images on my card today courtesy of 'MelonHeadz Illustrating'.


I used the 'Daddy's Girl' sentiment to create my own custom background paper - so easy to do and looks really effective. Some red and white twill cut into a banner shape at the bottom completes my background. I decided to use the adorable 'Father and Daughter' image as my focal point, printing onto cream cardstock, paper piecing their sweet clothes and colouring them using my Copic markers. I used my oval nesties to create the oval shape for the main image and for the Kraft mat, which I embossed with a Sizzix plaid embossing folder.

Untitled

I simply printed the 'Dad Heart' image to the size of my liking, cut out and sponged with Distress Ink. I also added some red gems and a red button and twine as a finishing touch.

Untitled

I hope you like my creation today and that you will have the opportunity to make something and come join us!! You can find FULL details for this challenge AND all the inspiring creations by the DYSU DT ladies over on the 'DYSU blog'.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

Helen

x x x

Challenges for this card:

One Stop Craft Challenge - Fathers Day
Card Makin Mamas - For Dad

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Helen, this is a fab card for Father's Day, that image is so sweet for a dad from his little girl! Love the paper piecing, and the gorgeous Twill, (I must get some more!)
So glad you could join us as a GDT this week my friend, thanks for sharing your talent with us xx

Anne-Elise said...

Oh, what a cute card, Helen! Love the heart with the button and the twine!

Ani said...

How cute! Thanks for joining our Father's day challenge at OSCC this week! Ani

Shannon White said...

Aww, This is So Sweet Helen! Love the Darling image and your custom made sentiment BG and the embossed Oval fame behind it too! Fab paper piecing as well! just Fabulous! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling card Helen. Love the sweet image the bright cheerful colors... the oval looks great iwth the ribbon piece behind it.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute Helen! What a darling Father's Day card!

Ren-Yi said...

hi Helen - it's always great to have you GDT with us at DYSU! Love this adorable card. you really made the sentiment stand out!

JOAN said...

Hi Helen!! Love your card!! You made a wonderful use of the digital stamps. Your card inspired me in so many ways!! Thanks for being our guest designer this week at DYSU. Hugs, Joan