Tuesday, 22 May 2012

TT99 Creations by AR - 3D Challenge

Hi and welcome to this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.  Wow, what a fab challenge we have instore for YOU today!  The DT ladies have been beavering away to bring you some fabulous 3D projects using templates from this week's sponsor - Creations by AR.




Photobucket


For my 3D project, I have used the 'Tea Time Card and Box Set' Templates by Creations by AR.  Believe me when I say, these templates are fabulous and very straightforward (and fun) to put together and such pretty, elegant shapes!

TT99 TEA SET CBAR

I used the PDF version of the templates and printed directly onto some blue cardstock and cut out very carefully by hand and then scored where required.  The teapot is stamped all over using a clear border stamp by Waltzingmouse Stamps and then heat embossed using white powder.  I've always had a fondness for the classic white on blue Wedgewood designed Tea Sets, so decided to run with the idea and see where it took me!  I also love the way you get the gold or silver rim on a bone china tea cup, so I incorporated this idea into my design as well and ran my embossing pen around the rim of the teacup, the edge of the handle and along the foot and then embossed using silver embossing powder.  I went in and did the same on the teapot too - along the spout, the handle and on the lid too.

The teapot and tea cup templates include the little tea bag outline too, as well as an extra handle and outer tea cup outline incase you want to make plain/patterned variations but don't want to print the whole thing again.

TT99 TEACUP

My little tea cup also has a detachable tea bag with a Tea related sentiment which says 'Tea Time Treats' stamped in Memento Sweet Plum.  I distressed the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and added some tiny lilac gems. The template is designed so that you can just tuck the little teabag into the tea cup. 


 Inside the card I have stamped another tea related sentiment...I just think these would make lovely tea party invitations - the little girl in me says so!


TT99 SENTIMENT

The instructions suggest to use a little mini stapler for the top of your baggie, which unfortunately I don't posess so I improvised by using a little wire I had cut from the stem of those little hydrangea flowers. I used my piercing tool to make two tiny holes a about 1 centimentre apart and then simply threaded the wire through to look like a mini stample, folding over at the back to fasten.  There's always a way around things!!!  I used the same fine wire instead of string to attach the label to the tea-bag.


TT99 TEA BAG


As always, thank you for visiting and don't forget that you can find FULL details of this challenge over at the Tuesday Throwdown blog.


Have a great week!

Supplies:

Ink: Versamark - Pad and ink pen; Memento Sweet Plum; Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink
Embossing Powder - Stampin Up Stampin Emboss powder in white and silver

10 comments:

Shannon White said...

Goodness Helen! This is Absolutely Fabulous!! 8-) I LOVE your Sweet teapot and tea cup card! Love all your fab embossing and the perfect gold rim too! Just So Darling all the way around! Love the sweet flowers, ric -rac and pop of yellow ribbon too! Just Wonderful my Sweet Teamie! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Wow wow Helen! What a fab creation! I love this wonderful teas set stamped with the pretty pattern from WMS, beautifully embellished, and very elegant too! Gorgeous!

NanaConnie said...

What a beautiful set, Helen! Love all the gemstones on that fabulous paper you chose. Perfect ribbon choice.

Davi said...

Wowzer Helen you did a fabulous job on this set! I love that all the details you used made it looks like an old traditional tea set!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty gift ensemble Helen! The WMS Tea Time images go perfectly with the tea set!

Deedee Anderson said...

So beautifully made, Helen! I feel like I could sit right down with this set and enjoy a warm cup with friends. I am amazed at all the special details you added, especially the gold rim around the tea cup edge -- that is one of my favorite parts on fine china. :-)

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, so beautiful, Helen! Love this tea set with all the little details!

Keilly said...

Such a beautiful set Helen, really pretty x

Kary said...

Helen, this is SO Beautiful!!! LOVE how you pieced the set together. Amazing project!!

Elaine said...

Hi Helen,
Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
What fabulous creations you have been making whilst I have been away, I could comment on each one as they are so fab,this one is just superb , love this tea set how quirky.Your work is stunning Helen
Great work well done ,
Hugs Elaine