Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Sweet n Sassy Motherly Love...Tuesday Throwdown TT#97

Hello dear friends and welcome to another Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!! This week we are celebrating 'Motherly Love' using Sweet n Sassy stamps who are also our sponsor this week!



TT97 MOTHERS DAY
I was inspired by the sweet 'Morning Glory' digital stamp and decided to make a card celebrating everything my mum loves including the colours pink and green, guipure lace, satin ribbon, mini ric-rac, buttons and crystal gems!

TT97 LABEL
I coloured the morning glories using shades of pink and those beautiful leaves using vibrant green copic markers and then cut the whole image out using my Spellbinders Standard Ovals Lge die. I then went back in and added three teeny tiny little clear gems to the centre of each pink flower. I edged the oval with some pink mini ric-rac, simply gluing and easing the ric-rac, following the curved edge as I went. I added some cute vintage white buttons to the top and bottom section of the oval label for a little extra embellishment. 

TT97 MUM TAG

I stamped the 'Mum' sentiment onto a tiny labels 4 die cut shape which had been sponged with Antique Linen distress ink and attached it onto my pink satin ribbon bow using some natural button twine.  The button embellishment I made myself by glueing two cream buttons together and then attaching a hot pink adhesive pearl to the centre. Finally I added some pretty white leaf stick pins behind the satin bow as a finishing touch.

TT97 SIDE VIEW

That's all from me for now...but if you fancy joining in our 'Motherly Love' challenge and make a card or project for Mother's Day, then you can find all the details and link up your project by clicking HERE. Also, don't forget to look and see check out what the rest of the TTDT have created for your enjoyment!! :)

Have fun crafting!!

Hugs,
Helen
x x x

Supplies:
'Morning Glory' Digital Stamp Image by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
'Mum' sentiment: from Roses in Bloom stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Natural button twine, Pink mini ric-rac, white guipure lace, Leaf Stick Pins -  available from The Ribbon Reel
Pink Satin Ribbon, Vintage White buttons from stash
Cardstock: Dovecraft, stampin Up

10 comments:

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Helen! This is So Beautiful! Love your Wonderful image and Pretty color combo! Love all the yummy details too! Your ric rac and beautiful lace are such Lovely touches and I Love the touch of bling too! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

NanaConnie said...

This is so incredible, Helen! Fabulous coloring, great color combo, and that lace trim is so perfect for this card. Terrific design! Love those pearls in the flower centers.

Davi said...

Zowie Helen your card is fabulous!! I love all the pretty feminine touches and colors you used..lots of beautiful details that Im sure your mum will be delighted with :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card ! I love the lace & colors.

Jeanne J said...

Oh Helen, Another stunner - Love all the details (as always).. your coloring is the real star here. I adore your flowers with the pretty pearl centers! Gorgeous!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Helen! Love the way you colored those pretty flowers and that lace trim is oh so fancy!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful, Helen! Your cards are always so well colored! Love this one!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card for your mum Helen, those flowers are coloured so beautifully!I love that guipure lace, and pretty papers, a real beauty.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Helen! This is absolutely beautiful! Love those pink morning glories (believe it or not, I've had some in my garden!), and the way you framed them. The stacked buttons and pearl are pretty too.

Thanks SO much for leaving love at my blog lately; you don't know how I appreciate it!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty coloring and love the ric rac framing it and the pretty lace too!