Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Scatter kindness...PDCC129 and FTTC167

Just sharing a little card I made for this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge and using the rich jewell like colours of the Play Date Cafe Challenge.

pdcc flourishes tt

The Flourishes Challenge is all about butterflies and although I don't own many Flourishes stamps I did spot that there are three cute little butterflies included in the "Sweet Days of Summer" stamp set I've used here.  I stamped them next to the sweet little girl watering her spring flowers - I think they look as though they might land there at any moment!!

pdcc fttc girl close-up

My cardbase is mustard cardstock and I used Echo Park purple polka dot paper and Glitz Design mustard floral patterned paper for my background.  I used some gray seam binding and a deep mauve coloured moulded flower as embellishment. 

scatter sent close-up

I used gray paper to cut the largest oval from my Spellbinders standard ovals small die set and then cut another from mustard yellow polka dot patterned paper and stamped the little girl directly onto it using Sweet Plum ink. I used the bracket shape from the Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs to cut two accent pieces from Mustard colour cardstock to frame my oval shape.

I stamped the 'Scatter Kindness" sentiment from the same "Sweet Days of Summer" stamp set just underneath the seam binding bow and added a gorgeous purple border along the bottom of my card which I had cut using Spellbinders Persian Motifs border die.

That's all from me for now - short and sweet I know, but wanted to make sure I get this out while I have the opportunity!!

If you would like to find out more about the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge you will find FULL details here.

Here is the Play Date Cafe Color Story from which I took my inspiration - CLICK HERE if you'd like to join in:




Hugs,

Helen x

11 comments:

Ruby said...

Such an elegant card Helen! I love how you've done the navy accented butterflies in contrast to the purple silhouette, it works so well! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Heather Jensen said...

So very sweet! Love your pretty border die. I almost used this set too.

Thanks for joining us at FTTC. :)

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, love the way you used those colors, Helen! That's a great silhouette stamp and I love how you added the butterflies. Fantastic work with that border punch, too!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is ever so pretty, Helen! LOVE that silhouette image! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous take on this very difficult colour challenge!

Marie said...

The silhouette image is stunning combined with that beautiful border punch. Thanks for sharing with us at FTTC.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Helen! Love the lavender stamped silhouette! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Helen! I LOVE the image you used. I forgot that set had butterflies as well. Great take on the Timeless Tuesday challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Pauline said...

A absolutely gorgeous Helen, I love the sweet silhouette image, and the gorgeous rich colours, a real beauty!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Helen! Love this little girl with the butterflies! Well done!!

Sue Lelli said...

REALLY FAB use of the PD colors! LOVE how you stamped your image on the polka dot paper and those butterflies DO look like they might land on those flowers! Gorgeous card, Helen!